The Light Has Arrived

I look from Yuri's hands to my own and sigh. Yuri shakes her head at me as she moves past and I immediately pine for Adonis. I need him. I'm too close to the edge. Watching Logan, Natsuki and Yuri argue made me think of how I was before. How part of me still is. It's sickening and painful. Adonis makes me better. My eyes find him immediately as I re-enter the living room. "Adonis." I whisper, my hand close to my heart. I can feel the darkness seeping in again. Adonis rises slowly and breaks off his conversation with Logan. Logan looks worriedly at me, but I don't need her pity. I just need him. I take Adonis up the stairs after grabbing his hand and he frowns at me. "Monika, what is it?" Adonis worries, stopping me. I look down the staircase. How easy it would be to end it all, to be free of everything. No memories of Sayori and MC, of the pain I have caused. Everyone and myself. Adonis takes me into Yuri's bedroom and we sit together, breathless. "I'm hurting, Adonis." I cry, my eyes welling. "Then let me remind you what it is to be alive, Monika." Adonis breathes. Adonis kisses me roughly and my body glows immediately. The heat of him leads me to tearing off my clothes. We kiss as clothes come off more quickly, his erection rubbing against me. I see MC over Adonis's shoulder when I open my eyes and I scream. He has a knife and he's coming for me. "Adonis, stop them please!" I whimper, curling in on myself. "We need to go. To go now." Adonis demands, gathering me and our clothes up in his arms. Goodbye.