Devastation Reigned

I never realized how much we had all grown up. Natsuki sits at the foot of the bed, her nose in "Pet Semetary". Monika was poised and collected, I had stopped cutting and Natsuki was reading multiple books everyday with no pictures. We were fixed. I poke Natsuki with my socked foot as I set aside my calligraphy practice and she glares at me. "Keep your dirty feet away from me, you depressed purple ass giant." Natsuki bites, pushing my foot hard while keeping her page safe. "How can I be depressed when I have you, Natsuki?" I coo, pulling at one of her pigtails. Natsuki blushes as she rises from the mattress and comes next to me, careful to avoid my pile of knives. My calligraphy sets atop my shining kit, the ink a stunning raven black, reminiscent of my family and the life we used to lead. A once warm and elegant world of two doctors and the little girl they couldn't save. I worried I'd never get better, but thanks to Monika... we finally are all happy. Natsuki presses a kiss to my cheek and I smile widely. "Put the toys away and play with me instead." Natsuki whispers, squeezing my hand as she sets her book on the bedside table. I drop my knives and my ink onto my desk with a clanging flourish. I smile as I look around my room at all my knives, sweet Natsuki in the middle of it all. My tsundere. I reach into the bedside table and pull out a vibrator. Natsuki takes it from me, a proud smile on her face. It's a sweet moment, until I hear my phone ring. This pulls us out of our lustful stupor and I check the caller ID. Logan. "Yes?" I sigh as Natsuki sets aside the vibrator. "They are dead. The funeral is tomorrow. Be ready."