Chapter 30 - Speed

I looked down at my Converse shoes like I always do when I'm uncomfortable. I was still waiting for IU and Luna to check on me. I couldn't believe everything that happened. I knew I could tap into them my powers in a second. My necklace appeared to hold them in. I wondered if my mom and grandma knew since they had gotten it for me. I wanted to ask them questions, but I couldn't simply call them.

The necklace was bought for me when I was around 4 years old before moving to the US. My mom had a similar necklace with the lapis lazuli rock.

Someone's hand touched my shoulder and stood close to me. My body electrified immediately. I peeked at his friendly face and my mood lifted. Jongin smiled proudly and shook me.

"Look at you! Guardian of Wind!" Jongin mocked, he cleared his throat and pretended to hold a mic up to his mouth. "How do you feel, ma'am? Please give us a full disclosure on your first attempt at using your superpowers." He placed the imaginary mic up to my mouth. I smiled and shook my head.

"Uh, I feel weird?" I answered, going along with the game. Jongin insisted for more with his eyebrows raised. "Ugh, well, I guess I could sense her, the wind. She wanted me to use her to protect myself." I closed my eyes to remember. "Her energy flowed out so easily. It seemed like she had been waiting for me. We were like old friends playing together again. Seemed like not a day had gone by since the last time we saw each other."

I opened my eyes. Jongin stared at me with no words. Our faces were close, his breath touching my right cheek. Heat raised to my face. Heart be still, I thought to myself. I needed a break from all these attractive people.

Still staring at me in awe, he spoke, "Woah. That was deep." His tone was serious. "Do you think you were able to control the wind before? Maybe when you were a kid?" He kept staring, reading every single expression on my face. I grabbed his face and pushed it as far away as could from mine. 

I thought for a minute. I wished I could have given him a definite answer, but I had no memories of playing with the wind. I was always strongly connected to it, but I was that way towards trees, the ocean, thunderstorms, and bonfires. The normal weird stuff nerds are drawn to. I doubted it could mean anything. Most people must be connected to nature in some way.

"No, I can't remember." I fretted, looking into his dark brown eyes. They were concerned for me. I didn't like being pitied, but Jongin was truly worried for me.

"We'll figure it out. Don't worry." 

I nodded, finally trusting he would be there for me. Hyuna's comment might of helped me a bit to notice how great our friendship could be.

I see Krystal head directly to where IU and Luna were fixing up Sulli. Jiyeon was a few steps behind her and waited patiently. My body reacted to Jiyeon's presence again. I started to shake in fear and my vision was blurring.

"Are you okay?" Jongin whispered. I looked at him, which calmed me down. "Stan? Stan?" Jongin kept calling out for me, but I couldn't form any words.

"Sorry, I'm a little out of it." I finally said to Jongin so he wouldn't worry.

My chest tightened and I had a strange pain in my stomach. I couldn't pin point exactly what was happening. I worried and fear was crawling all over my body.

"Stan, you don't look too good. You look paler than before. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I don't know." I look over at Jiyeon. My stomach dropped as she met my eyes.

"Let's go inside." Jongin suggested, he dragged me through the entrance. Her dark eyes stared into mine. My vision darkened around me.

As if falling into an endless pit, my body landed back onto the stage at the K-con in California. I heard faded screams in the background and a sudden loud bang came from a gun pointed at me.