Chapter 36 - Frost

We finished our ice cream and sat by the tree without a care in the world. Taehyung wouldn't shut up and kept having random conversations with Jongin. He kept ignoring me when I would ask him questions. I ended up getting butt hurt and closed my eyes while I listened to them talk.

I couldn't help feel like Taehyung was someone I had seen before. I guess everyone I met nowadays was a K-pop artist. My eyes flew open and I sat up straight when I realized who he was. His face hadn't changed much, but he was so young I didn't recognize him at first.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked finally acknowledging me. Both of the boys had stopped talking when I sat up.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Taehyung." Or should I say, V! I thought to myself and smiled at my insignificant victory. See what I did there?

"So, are you bums going to skip class all day?" A familiar voice clawed its way into my ears.

"Krystal, what are you doing here?" Jongin asked. I could feel their tension. Or was it love?

Krystal pulled up her pass, "I'm on bathroom break. What about you two?" At first I thought she was ignoring V. I realized she was actually pushing me aside.

I guess I deserved it. I wasn't supposed to be here anyways. Krystal and Kai become an item and V ends up in a popular boyband.

Wow, I just realized I'm surrounded by super successful people while I, on the other hand, end up answering phone calls and still live with my parents for me to afford going to college, study, and get a major as only god knows what.

I was so deep in thought I just noticed they were all waiting for an answer from me.

"What?" I asked. Krystal rolled her eyes at me.

"Whatever. I couldn't care less. Just get back to class before I decide to rat you guys out." Krystal said, giving me a nasty look. "Especially, you." Krystal turns starts strutting and then turns back to look at me. "If I were you I'd be more careful with the boys you hang out with. The girls around here don't like it when the new girl becomes besties with the hottest most desired boys in their grades. Also, don't you think you're a little old to be with a fifteen year old?" She turns back and continues her model walk into the school.

"What is she talking about?" I asked confused.

"You really didn't hear?" Jongin asked. I shook my head. "Taehyung just told her you were a couple."

"WHAT?!" I screamed in surprise. "Are you trying to get me killed?" Oh, wait. I forgot he wasn't famous, yet. I swear this kid is going to be the death of me if Krystal doesn't get her hands on me first.

Taehyung just looked at me lovingly. I wasn't sure if it was genuine or if he was just pulling my leg. I glared back at his good looking face. I can't trust him.

"What is she still doing here? Doesn't she have to go to a different school?" I wondered since she had a different uniform.

"She has half days. Part of her classes are here and then she goes to her other school." Jongin answered. "She's super smart." I could tell Jongin looked up to her even though he hasn't noticed yet.

We headed back in and I started to get nervous. Taehyung hugged us goodbye as he skipped to his classroom. I was so confused.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked.

"Is Taehyung being serious? Or was he just joking?" I asked concerned.

"Honestly, I wouldn't know. He's not a bad kid though. He's very loyal to his friends. I wish I was outgoing like him." Jongin admitted.