Chapter 3 - Lightning

Thump. Thump. Thump. My heart felt the tremble of the music playing in the room. It wasn't helping me at all. I was so nervous my body had gone cold. I looked down at my hands, sickly purple. I shoved them into the pockets of my hoodie. As I did this, I accidently elbowed the person next to me.

"Oh, sorry," I looked over and apologized.

The person I hit was a slender Asian girl. She wore a black leather jacket with a pink sweater underneath. The hood of the sweater was covering most of the girl's face. I glimpsed at her face; she was unquestionably beautiful that it took me by surprise.

With a stern glance from her cold eyes, she bowed her head and scooted down closer to the middle. We were standing close to the center of the crowd where lots of people had glow sticks of their favorite group and were waving them in the air. I couldn't keep my eyes off the girl's back. The face was familiar, I didn't know why.

"Are you okay?" Juli was dancing on my right side, her short jet-black shoulder length hair jumped along to the beat of the music.

"Yeah, it's just the girl over there looks familiar." I motioned to the beautiful Asian girl. She stood out next to the people surrounding her.

Juli stopped jumping and squinted her black eyes. "Hmm...yeah, she looks like this famous person. I can't quite put my finger on it."

The crowd shrieked, making us look at the stage. The host had come out announcing the order of the K-pop stars coming on stage. Each time the host said a group name the fans would scream. As the bands would come out, they each had a few minutes to answer their fans' questions and then leave for their interview with the KCON reporters. The last group to come out was SHINee. I smiled as the host mentioned their name. Juli joyfully screamed making the rest of us join in.

I curiously checked on the girl that caught my attention earlier. She wasn't screaming nor happy, in fact, she looked angry. The attractive Asian girl was glaring at something behind me. I turned my head to the right seeing what she was staring down. Onew the leader of SHINee was coming out of the back entrance. Taemin, Key, Jonghyun, and Minho followed from behind. Juli and the others were screaming and laughing as each came out. I should be doing the same, but the bad feeling Nessa and I felt before came back.

I looked back at the pretty girl; she wasn't there anymore. I searched for her over the crowd and caught a glimpse of her pink hood. I was thankful, for a brief second, that I was tall. The girl headed towards the front of the crowd. On instinct, I followed the girl, shoving people along the way. I finally got to the front of the crowd, SHINee already on stage answering the fans' questions. I went on my tip toes scanning the people in the middle-front of the crowd. There she was, on the very first row, giving SHINee the death glare.

The girl reached into her pocket and pulled out a gun. For a split second, all I could do was watch in shock, but immediately snapped out of my trance. I spotted the closest security staff member and tried to grab their attention. Per usual, I was invisible to the people around me. I could only think of one thing to do at that moment.

I grabbed the metal fence that separated the crowd from the tiny stage. With both hands, I pulled myself up against the fence and pushed my feet over. Nearly falling, I landed on the other side of the fence happy with the result. This quickly caught the attention of a security guard. He grabbed me roughly by the arms.

"What do you think you're doing, kid?" The guard said angrily.

I tried to look as innocent as possible and pointed with my lips towards the good-looking pink sweater girl. "She has a gun!" I yelled.

The security guard looked over and was shocked by the sight of an actual threat. He let go of me and grabbed his walkie-talkie, shouting orders into them. Too late, her finger was already on the trigger, aimed straight at SHINee.