Chapter 6 - Water

Beep.

Where am I?

Beep.

This doesn't feel familiar.

Beep.

Head feels heavy, too.

I heard a door open, and someone came in. Unable to open my eyes and see my visitor, I could feel the visitor by my side staring at me. The door opened a minute later.

"Minho, the director is here."

"Great. What will we tell him this time?" Minho's voice sounded defeated.

"It wasn't our fault. She caught us by surprise."

"Taemin, you didn't even move. What happened?"

"I. Don't know. I can usually sense her before she can get close." the disappointment in himself was clear in Taemin's voice.

"Ugh. Well, what's done is done. Are her friends still putting up a fight with our manager?"

"Ha, oh yeah! They're very charismatic. They remind of someone I know."

"Ha. Ha. Funny! Let's get this over with. The director-"

The door swung open another time, making me jump slightly in my bed.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED THIS TIME? YOU GUYS BETTER EXPLAIN BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO CLOSE TO DEATH YESTERDAY! ALSO, YOU INVOLVED AN INNOCENT GIRL! BOYS, YOU ARE LUCKY SHE DIDN'T END UP DYING!" The voice bounced off the walls.

The room had so much tension and silence it made me hold my breath so they wouldn't realize I was partly awake.

"Sir, it was my fa-" Taemin began.

"Sir, we should've seen her coming. She was quiet for a long time. We couldn't have known she would come all the way out here." interrupted Minho.

"I KNOW, BUT-" he let out an exhausted sigh, "you're right, I'm sorry, I was just worried about you boys. You know how my high blood pressure always gets to me. Anyways, how is our hero doing?" the director questioned.

"I think she's fine. I mean she's been awake this whole time." blabbed Taemin.

"WHAT?!" burst Minho and the director.

The alarm went off in my head. Is he talking about me? How did he know I was awake? I slowly moved, but pain shot through my body. I let out a cry without wanting to. Their quick footsteps came close to me.

"Hey, are you okay?" Taemin sounded concerned.

I tried to open my eyes, but they still felt heavy. I forced my eyes to open just a sliver, everything was blurry. Slowly my vision returned, I registered a few things.

I wasn't dreaming.

I was in a hospital bed.

The beeping sound was the machine thingy for my pulse.

What in the world is that machine thingy actually called?

I just heard Taemin, Minho, and their director talking and understood everything they were saying!

Minho and Taemin are tremendously close, and boy were both these two men extremely beautiful.

"No... I'm...hungry," I answered in a raspy voice.