thirteen

He was still blue, even though today, he had changed his jacket

He sported a different look, a darker look, and it was undeniably a good look on him. But he looked like that, so he would look good in anything.

"You're wearing that for the ladies," Eric teases Juyeon as they walked through the school gates. "A leather jacket, do you want expelled?"

"They know I take my jacket off as soon as I'm inside," he shrugs, looking around the halls. "And I'm wearing it because I want to."

"And for the ladies?" Eric nudges him playfully as the boy pushes him back.

His new look wasn't even noticeable once he took off the jacket, which he was reluctant to do even after he entered the school gates, even after he received the looks from people all around.

He wanted someone to see. It wasn't for the ladies, just one. But he wouldn't tell Eric that.

"Hey!" Her voice barely echoed the halls, but it rang in Juyeon's ears, finally he could see her. "Wait for me."

Nari jogs up to the two, separating them as she walked in between them. Neither minded, though, especially not Juyeon.

"Where's the denim?" She asks, looking up at the boy who looked ahead, before looking down at her.

"In my house", he shrugs. "I wanted a change."

The girl nodded, Juyeon felt his heart heavy in his chest. She didn't compliment him, and he wondered why.

She did want to, but she still felt slightly awkward and on edge from the last compliment he gave her - so she decided to leave it. Besides, Lee Juyeon seemed to be nothing but rude to her before now - so why should she bother?

She knew, however, if they were going to be friends, for Eric's sake - she would need to let that go.

But she would, and maybe a little too much.

"So the smartest girl in our year sits up here in her study periods," Juyeon sighs, looking at the girl who sat in the spare classroom at the furthest end of the school.

He didn't want to intrude, her earphones were plugged in and she nodded her head every so often with a tap of her finger against the table.

She looked peaceful, beautiful without even trying, and that made Juyeon want to talk to her all the more.

"Hey," he says, then realising she wouldn't hear, so he began to chap the door. "She can't hear you, you fool."