forty nine

The months passed smoothly, and it was soon Christmas

The months passed smoothly, and it was soon Christmas. Nari was relieved to finally get a break from school, although it was barely a break considering her first exams were after the break.

However, Christmas is what she looked forward to the most every year. She didn't have time to be sad about the complete change in weather, she just wanted to celebrate.

"On Christmas Eve?" She gushed as she looked at the phone screen, seeing Jacob smiling back at her.

"If you wish," he offered, watching as the girl grinned. "I take that as a yes."

"Yes please," Nari nodded, looking at the calendar, counting down the days. "I can't wait."

"Me too," he smiled warmly at the girl, glancing at the time on his phone before pouting. "My next class starts soon, I better get going."

"Enjoy," she says sarcastically as the boy rolls his eyes.

"It's my last class before I'm home, it'll drag in," he chuckles, waving goodbye to her and sending a kiss as she smiles, hanging up afterwards.

Things were better between them, surprisingly. Nari had truthfully prepared herself for the worst, for the next couple of months without him to be torture.

But even though no promises were made, it still felt as though he had lived up to them.

The label didn't bother her so much, they spoke everyday and called almost every night, that was the least they could do right now but it still felt comforting.

Nari stands up, stretching her back as she reaches for her winter coat and scarf, putting on her boots whilst checking her phone to see if any of them had left to meet yet.

"Where are you off to?" Her brother said as she ran past him on the stairs.

"We're going to the winter markets," she said, turning around as the boy nodded. "I might not be home until late."

"It's not me you need to tell that to," he chuckled as her father walked up the stairs, passing her. "Nari's going out late."

"Cool, be safe," he says casually, as Sangyeon gasps. "What?"

"You're never that relaxed when I leave the house," he shakes his head as her father chuckles.

"She won't cause trouble," he winks at the girl who places her hands under her chin as though a halo would appear above her head.

"Yeah right," Sangyeon said, making a face at his sister who simply stuck her tongue out and ran out of the door.

"You look as snug as a bug," Jungeun said, cuddling into Nari's arm as though that would make her feel any warmer.

"Jeans and two pairs of tights, baby," the girl chuckled as her friend looked down in awe.

"You're unbelievable, it isn't that cold," the blonde shook her head with a laugh, dragging the girl towards where the boys stood. "Did you win us anything?"