fifty three

"Why can't you just come with us?" Eric groaned as the three approached the library

"Why can't you just come with us?" Eric groaned as the three approached the library. "Jungeun is missing you."

Nari chuckled, looking down at her shoes. "I'm missing her too, but I need to make sure this presentation goes well."

"Have fun," he said sarcastically, turning away as Juyeon waved at her, the girl returning it before heading into the library.

She soon found the two boys sitting together at the back of the room, Sunwoo waving when he saw her, making Changmin roll his eyes.

"What's your issue?" The boy asked him suddenly, as his eyes widened.

"She is," he said casually, making Sunwoo almost snap, but he was interrupted as Nari took a seat before them, the awkwardness lingering.

She looked between the two, as per usual Changmin avoided her gaze, but this time Sunwoo burned a hole right through the boys head. "Everything alright?"

"Fine," the latter humphed, drawing his eyes off of the boy. "Are you feeling confident?"

"I am, but are you?" She chuckled. "You're the one presenting."

"I'll be fine, I rarely get nervous," Sunwoo laughed, and how she knew that was right.

With her, he was always so straight forward, even if he was nervous - she could never tell, but she was sure there were times where he was.

"We'll be your audience," she suggested, as Changmin silently brought up the presentation he had organised. "It looks great, Changmin."

The boy nodded in agreement, not wishing to converse too much with the girl, but she expected that.

"Will I start?" Sunwoo asked, looking between the two as they nodded.

The boy began rambling, Nari watching intently whilst Changmin appeared relatively not phased, but he really was. He needed everything to go well, and he felt weird relying on someone like him to present his hard work, but he had to trust in them - they were his group.

Every now and again, the boy would glance up at the girl who was staring directly at him, and it made him noticeably lose concentration.

Changmin looked over as Nari now looked away, realising that there was something more than what met the eye here.

"That was good," she broke the silence, giving the boy a supportive smile. "Maybe another practice?"

"Maybe," Sunwoo chuckled, blowing out a breath as he looked at the two anxiously. "I'll start in a seco-"

"Can't we just leave it?" Changmin asked, picking up his bag as the others turned to look at him. "I have places to be."

"We said we'd work on this to get it perfect," Nari rejected, furrowing her eyebrows at him.