nineteen

The girl spent her week dwelling and feeling selfish, and deep down - that's how Changmin hoped she would feel

He wasn't perfect, but neither was she. The whole argument felt like more of a reality check than anything. But like always, she tried her best not to let her feelings towards boys stop her studies.

She tried really hard, until Lee Juyeon came along, and her whole plan was out of the window.

They had spoken since New Years Eve, but that didn't mean things were back to normal. In front of Eric, they acted differently upon instinct.

It was better that way. They could remain friends and not make things awkward for the boy.

"Hi," the girl said, looking down at the boy who sat peacefully, and alone.

She had sought out to see him, her feet frantically dashed around the halls in an attempt to find him, despite being the one who knew she needed to do other things.

"Hey," Juyeon smiles loosely, looking up from his books. "Are you alright?"

She wanted to tell him she wasn't, that there was so much on her mind that she couldn't comprehend. "I'm good."

Juyeon simply nodded, they had this conversation before, but today he wondered if it was the best or worst time to help her.

"You know I know when you lie to me about that?" He chuckles softly, his voice barely audible.

"I know," Nari's heart rate quickened, not quite sure what her intentions here were.

The boy glanced up, watching as the girl swayed her shoulders side to side. It was a strange habit she had, but nonetheless, he knew it signified that she was nervous.

"Are you going to stand there, or are you going to tell me?" He watches as a mixture of emotions flew over her face.

"I just have a lot on my mind," she says truthfully, as the boy did that night. So therefore, he needn't push it any further.

"Okay," he nods, closing his book. "And you want me to take your mind off it, again?"

Nari's eyes widened a little, as though she was alarmed at his words, which she was. "You say that like that's the only reason I come to you."

"Then what's the reason?" The boy challenged, although he wasn't quite sure what he was expecting. He heard her loud and clear, she didn't like Lee Juyeon.

"We're friends, aren't we?" Nari chuckles nervously, looking around for a free seat in the classroom Juyeon had now claimed his study space.

"We are," he nods, but how he wished they could be more. "Where would you like to go?"

"We don't need to go anywhere," she shook her head, watching as the boy looked cluelessly at her.

"We could go and get something to eat," he suggests, as the girl stared blankly back at him. "Or we could go a walk, we could even go to the-"