forty four

Weeks passed and things didn't seem to be getting any easier

Weeks passed and things didn't seem to be getting any easier. Nari wondered when she would catch a break from her own head of thoughts, but Jacob wasn't making that any easier for her.

"It's really not that difficult?" The girl chuckled, looking at the boy on her screen.

"I'm surprised at how easy it is," Jacob smiled, turning around in his bed. "I'm not complaining, though."

Nari's smile faded for a second, remembering their last conversation had been about his workload, and that's why he couldn't talk much.

She pushed those thoughts aside, however, because he may have found it all extremely easy, but that didn't mean he didn't have a lot on his plate.

"How has school been?" The boy asked, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Meh," she grumbled, fidgeting with her phone wire. "Nothing I can't put up with, at least so far."

"I have every faith in you," Jacob smiled, watching as the girl responded weakly. "What's wrong?"

"I spend more time thinking about you than I do studying," she shrugged, watching as the boys face lit up. "It isn't funny."

"Are you worried or something?" He asked.

"Maybe I am," Nari said truthfully, nervously looking up at the screen. "Sorry, I'll stop."

Jacob sighed, looking at the girls sad face was enough to break his heart. "What do you worry about?"

"You don't worry?" The girl asked, chewing her bottom lip as he froze for a second, not quite sure what to reply.

Of course he worried, it was only natural when he was away from her for so long. However, it was concerning that the most of his worries surrounded her friendship with Juyeon.

"I do," he nodded eventually. "How could I not? But truthfully, I know I'll worry until I see you again, so I grin and bare it."

Nari chuckles softly, smiling at the thought of seeing the boy again. "Hopefully it won't be too long."

"It won't," he nodded, giving the girl a smile as he looked at the top of his screen. "I better get going, Nari."

"Are you busy tonight?" The girl yawned, looking at the time.

"I'm going to my friends house for a drink," he chuckled, raking a hand through his hair which had grown significantly longer than Nari had ever remembered.

"New friends," Nari smiled softly. "That must be fun."

"Text her right now," Jacob pointed a finger at the screen as the girl thought of Jungeun.

"I will," she nods contently, already mentally preparing her text. "Have a good night, Jacob."

The boy smiled, pouting at the screen as though he was sending her a kiss. "Speak soon, Nari. I love you."