twenty eight

The nights alone in her room were occupied with thoughts of them, and the odd phone call to Jacob

Nari's stomach churned when she thought about making the call, but partly because she knew she had just been with him.

They would sneak out every so often to go a walk in the dark, he would tell her sweet nothings and she would gush like a little girl in love.

Although, she couldn't say that yet. How could she?

When she sat at the lunch table, or during activities, her eyes would wander to Juyeon, part of her paranoid that any display with Sunwoo was making him think differently of her.

But then again, how much did he really like her? She only knew how she felt.

"Coming!" Nari shouted as she heard a harsh knock at the door. She checked the clock, it wasn't long since they had dinner, she wondered why they'd be back.

Instead, she opened the door to Sunwoo, who smiled before quickly entering as the girl shut the door quickly.

"If we haven't been caught for sneaking out, we're getting caught for this," she said, watching as he flung himself on the bed. "Make yourself comfortable."

"Your bed is certainly more comfortable than mine," he threw his body back a little as though to check for discomforts.

"Well, you have bunks and I don't," she said, joining him on the bed as the two looked up at the ceiling. "Why did you come here?"

"Am I not allowed to see you?" He said, rolling his head over to look at her.

"I just suspected you'd want to go another walk," she shrugged, rolling her head over to now be facing him.

"Sneaking out seems like we're hiding, and we're on edge," he explained.

"But you're still sneaking by coming into my room?" Nari chuckles, earning a stuck out tongue from the boy.

"Can't you accept I wanted to see you?" He scrunched up his face as the girl rolled her eyes as though she was thinking about it.

"I'm fine with that," she nodded contently, as the boy warmly smiled at her.

"Nari?" He asked just as the girl turned her head towards the ceiling, to which she hummed in response. "Can I kiss you?"

She glanced over at the boy, a small smile on her lips as she let out a chuckle. "You'll show up to my room uninvited but ask to kiss me?"

"Okay then," he shrugged, before flipping his body over to hover on top of her, reaching down. "I thought I was being a gentleman."

"You certainly are now," she chuckled, looking down as his body fell on top of hers.

Her arms reached around his neck, pulling him closer like she always did, connecting their lips as Sunwoo groaned, making her stomach drop.

With him, it was always red.