𝟏𝟔

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Sooah drove Kyora home, listening to songs from the radio on the way. The clock was ticking to 2 AM, Kyora was fast asleep on the passenger's seat and Sooah was trying her best to stay awake.

"Was I really too mean to Chan all this time? Did he really mean all that?" Sooah thought with a sigh.

"Yeah, this is the right thing to do. I shouldn't be with Jaehyun when Chan is clearly my soulmate."

She turned the steering wheel and pulled up in front of Kyora's house. Sooah turned to Kyora and tried to shake her awake but she wouldn't budge.

"Kyora." She called again.

And again.

"Kyora, Minho's here!" Sooah shouted after giving up.

"Huh, where?" Kyora shot up, sleepily looking around panicked.

Sooah bursted out laughing, tears coming out of her eyes watching her best friend. "How did that wake you up? I called you a hundred times already. Can't believe Minho's name woke you up."

"Ugh I hate you." Kyora jokingly rolled her eyes while opening Sooah's car door.

"Love you too." She waved with a cheeky grin and drove off.

On the way back, her thoughts were filled with Chan. She barely knew anything about him, other than stories from other people, of course. But maybe all that was because Sooah cared too much about Chan's bad side instead if his better sides.

She finally arrived at her place. With a yawn, Sooah left her car and locked the car doors, opening her front door.

She looked around and spotted only her mother was sitting in the dining room snacking on some fruits.

"You're home? How's Jaehyun?" Her mother questioned.

"He's okay, he woke up already." Sooah replied.

"That's good. You don't look okay, did something happen?"

She shrugged, taking a glass of water and chugging it down. "I just feel bad because I've been being such a horrible person to my own soulmate."

Her mother shot a confused look. "Why so sudden?"

"He apologized and asked me if we could start over."

"And what did you answer?"

"I said yes. I mean, I've been too focused on the bad." She replied.

"You always are, look at the bright side, the flowers, the sunshine and rainbows"

Sooah laughed. "Okay, I'll try."

After chatting with her mother for a while, she walked up to her room and got changed before falling onto her bed.

"I've been too focused on the bad of people, what about Jaehyun? And Taeil? Kyora? What are their bad sides?"

"It's already three?" She glanced at the clock ticking on the wall.

"Good thing it's saturday tomorrow." Sooah yawned and eventually fell asleep.

...

"Sooah- oh she's still asleep? It's 1 PM already." Sooah's mother walked into her room to find her daughter still sleeping in the middle of the day.

"Mom, she's still sleeping?" Roeun questioned.

She nodded, walking back into the dining room.

"I'll wake her up." He said and stood up.

"It's okay, she came home really late last night, just let her sleep for some more."

"She's gonna end up sleeping the entire day if I don't wake her up." Roeun chuckled and ran up the stairs to his sister's room.

"Oi Lee Sooah!" He barged in, hitting the door and turning the lights on.

Sooah's eyes fluttered open from the loud noise, still half asleep.

"Turn the lights off." She complained with a sleepy voice.

"No, it's 1 PM already. How long are you gonna sleep for?"

Sooah instantly shot up, sitting on her bed. Roeun pointed at her hair and laughed.

"You have a bird nest on your head."

Sooah groaned and threw a pillow at him. "Ugh, leave. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"I don't know, why didn't you wake up earlier?" He stuck his tongue out and left Sooah's room, leaving the door a bit opened.

"I need to go to the gym and box before I punch my own brother."