𝟐𝟒 - 𝐉𝐀𝐄𝐇𝐘𝐔𝐍 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
Here's to team Jaehyun

"Why is my love life so complicated?" Sooah complained.

"Can't relate" Roeun popped out of nowhere, smiling teasingly at his little sister.

"Go away" she sighed and walked to her room.

"Okay you seem truly bad and I feel bad. I don't think I should be joking... right?"

"Exactly" Sooah replied.

"Alright, come sit down and let me be your therapist" Roeun sat on the couch and patted the space next to him, signaling Sooah to sit.

"Better be a good one"

"Don't know about that but I'll try. Now, what seems to be the problem?"

"Can you talk to me normally?"

"I'm supposed to be your therapist, remember?"

"Whatever. Chan and Jaehyun, they're the problem"

"Wow, would've never guessed it" Roeun commented sarcastically.
"What happened? The usual them fighting over you?"

"No... Lina's back"

"Who?"

"Jaehyun's soulmate and Chan's ex" Sooah explained.

"That's complicated, your love life is truly something"
"Then, what's the problem? Chan and Jaehyun are now with their soulmates, you and Lina. So, everything is solved, right?"

"I guess..."

No matter how much Sooah tried to convince herself that she was meant to be with Chan, her heart still aches at the thought of Jaehyun with Lina.

"Let me guess, you still want to be with Jaehyun?" Roeun said, as if he just read Sooah's mind.

"Yes, I think it will always be Jaehyun no matter what"

"There you go, you figured it out. Go to Jaehyun"

"But we aren't soulmates" Sooah sighed, a tear unknowingly slipping from her eye.

"If this whole soulmates thing didn't exist, who would you choose?" Roeun asked.

"Jaehyun" she replied without thinking.

"You should stop hurting yourself, hurting Chan and also Jaehyun. Even if you can't forever be with Jaehyun, a little time will still mean a lot to you and him"

"You're right, but what about Chan? He's going to be so devastated"

"He'll be even more devastated if you pretend to love him and he finds out later on. By then, his love for you will only continue to grow while your love for him was never there in the first place. How do you think he'd feel?"

Sooah nodded, she finally made up her mind.

(A/N finally, what took her so long huh)

"I'll be right back" she said to Roeun and ran out the front door.

"You're welcome!" He shouted.

Sooah ran to Jaehyun's house, she didn't even bother asking Roeun to drive her there. By then, tears were streaming down her face. A few moments later, she arrived at Jaehyun's front door, out of breath and exhausted.

She rang the doorbell and waited for him to open the door but no one came out. She tried again, still no luck.

"Jaehyun..."

The sky started to get dark and rain eventually poured down. Sooah still patiently waited in front of Jaehyun's door, tears and rain streaming down her face.

She raised her shivering hand to ring the doorbell again but suddenly felt like the rain stopped falling on her.

"Sooah"

It was Jaehyun's voice.

She turned around to find Jaehyun holding his umbrella over her.

"You'll get sick, how long have you been here?" Jaehyun asked, worried.

Sooah didn't answer, more tears left her eyes as she hugged Jaehyun as tight as she could. He hugged back with one arm, the other arm still holding up the umbrella so that Sooah wouldn't get even more rain on her.