𝟎𝟓

CHAPTER FIVE

"I can't wait for the study tour in two days, we get to skip chemistry, how great is that?" Sooah exclaimed, a huge smile plastered on her face.

"What's with you and chemistry?" Kyora questioned, shaking her head.

"I don't know, maybe I just hate finding the formula of hydrochlololo acid."

"It's hydrochloric acid."

"Yeah, whatever that is."

"Hey soulmate." A voice said next to Sooah.

"Shut the- wait, who are you?" She frowned at the unfamiliar face.

"I'm Jung Jaehyun." The person chuckled.
"Chan can be annoying, huh?"

"Very." Sooah replied with an eyeroll.

"I have to talk to the math teacher, I'll go now." Kyora waved and left the two.

"So, wanna go grab some sandwich in the canteen?" Jaehyun asked and Sooah gave him a nod.

They both walked out the door and walked through the hallways.

"Hey soul-" Chan shouted with a cheeky smile on his face but immediately frowned when he saw her with his friend— ex friend.
"Jung Jaehyun." He gritted his teeth and fisted his hand.

"Chan, why did you- oh, what's wrong?" Minho ran up to Chan but noticed his frowning face.

"Who else is that kid going to take from me?" He gritted his teeth and walked away to who knows where.

"I guess he's still not over Seo Lina." Minho let out a sigh as he watched his best friend disappear into the distance.

~

"So, have you found your soulmate?" Sooah questioned, looking at Jaehyun who was munching a tuna sandwich in front of her.

He nodded, placing his sandwich down and tugging his sweater sleeve.

"Seo Lina." Jaehyun said, showing his wrist to Sooah. "S.L.N" written on it.

"I see... where is she?"

He shrugged. "I haven't seen her for a long time, I barely knew her."

"Aren't you going to, you know, get together?"

Jaehyun shook his head. "I don't know... she used to date Chan and I feel-"

"What?!" Sooah exclaimed, making the cafeteria turn their heads to her.
"Sorry, what?"

Jaehyun let out a little laugh, showing his dimples. "Yeah, it was before me and Lina turned seventeen. Her and Chan dated for about a year, they loved each other a lot and were so sure that they were soulmates."

Sooah nodded, signalling him to continue.

"But then, Chan turned seventeen. He didn't have 'S.L.N' on his wrist, he had 'L.S.A", you. Lina was so heartbroken, she never showed up to school until it was announced that she was moving away. Turns out, Lina had already planned to leave for Australia way before she found out who Chan's soulmate is and the only thing holding her back was Chan.

And because her and Chan weren't soulmates, she decided to leave."

Sooah knitted her brows. "Then, how did you and Lina figure out that you two were soulmates?"

"That... Lina came back for a few weeks to Korea. She came to school to meet her friends and just in time, me and Chan were walking out the gate together— I used to be close with Chan and Stray Kids although I'm now in NCT. Anyway, Lina dropped her wallet in front of me and without realizing who it belonged to, I took it and handed it to her. Then, our hands accidentally touch and the whole soulmate discovery thing happened, it hurted like a ton of needles poked my wrist."

"What about Chan, what did he do about it?"

"Let's just say our friendship ended that second. He hates me until today, probably hates me even more because I'm hanging out with his soulmate." Jaehyun laughed after explaining everything to Sooah.
"Chan is a really nice person but he tends to love someone too much when he falls in love."

~

"Chan- oh crap, Chan, what the hell are you doing?" Changbin shouted in disgust when Chan stood in front of a full body mirror, practicing some pick-up lines.

"Are you a parking ticket? Because you have fine written all over you." Chan winked at the mirror.
"Eh, that was bad." He sulked.

"Do hear that you look like pikachu often? Because I felt a spark." Chan said another one.

a/n: taeyong's pick-up line :)) ^^^

Changbin fake puked at the sight of his leader and cringed. "Chan, are you trying to get Sooah that bad?"

"Of course, she my soulmate."

"Okay, but you better not stay up all night practicing pick-up lines and come late for our study tour." Changbin reminded.

"Yeah, yeah. Do you think Sooah will fall for my pick-up lines?"

"Hell no." Changbin replied before slamming their secret room shut.

"Now I need to practice some punches and kicks in case Jaehyun gets too close to Sooah." Chan cracked his knuckles and punched the wall.
"Ouch, ouch, ouch! Nevermind." He shrieked in pain.

a/n:
sorry for the really slow updates 😭