𝟏𝟑

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Thanks for the ride home Jeffery, good luck on sorting out your hopeless love life." Taeil winked and exited Jaehyun's car.

"Thanks for making everything even harder for me, Mr. Moon Taeil." he rolled his eyes and drove off.

Jaehyun sighed and he turned on the radio.

"And it's raining too?" He groaned once he saw droplets of water falling.

Just as the green light turn red, his phone started ringing. Chan called. Jaehyun furrowed his brows as he answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Jaehyun, I need to talk to you about Sooah."

"Okay? What is it?"

"First, I'm really sorry for how bad I've been treating you lately. I guess it's because of all the things going on with you, me and Seo Lina. And I want to make everything up for Sooah, please help me?"

Jaehyun smiled. "Of course, let me know if you need anything."

Chan thanked him and the call ended. Jaehyun waited for the light to turn green before he started driving again. He didn't know how to feel but his only choice was to let Sooah go, before anything even started and before Jaehyun gets even more attached to someone who isn't his soulmate.

"This way, Sooah will be happier and Chan too. But can I love someone else who isn't Sooah? How is she making me like her more and more everyday in a short amount of-"

A gasp left his lips as his car slid off the slippery road. Jaehyun couldn't even process what was going on before he heard a crash and everything went black.

a/n: oh nooooo :(

...

Chan breathed out relieved after turning off the call with Jaehyun— while reading a piece of paper written by his fellow SKZ members. "1. Apologize 2. Tell him about Sooah 3. Ask him for help"

Then suddenly, the school groupchat made before the school trip— which consists of grades 11 to 12 started going crazy after one of the class presidents texted news he got.

"Guys!! Jaehyun got into a car accident. He's in the SM hospital right now"
~ Lee Suho

"What? Is he okay??"
~ Kim Yera

"Can we visit him?"
~ Kang Won

"Is he still alive???"
~ Park Reeahn

"WE'RE ON OUR WAY TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW AND WE'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW"
~ Lee Taeyong

"PLEASE TELL US HE'S STILL BREATHING"
~ Hwang Jaesung

Chan's eyes widened as he read the texts. "Should I also visit him?" He asked himself.

"I literally just made up with him I have to visit." Chan answered himself and quickly grab his keys and left his house.

...

Sooah woke up breathing heavily and felt as if something was wrong. She snatched her phone on her bedside table which wouldn't stop buzzing.

"What's going on?" Sooah asked confused as she clicked on the school groupchat.

"Jaehyun... what happened to him? JUNG JAEHYUN?!" She gasped and stood up, running out her bedroom as quick as possible.

"Sooah, where are you going?" Her father asked.

"Jaehyun, he got into... a car accident." She replied out of breath.

"Do you need us to drive you?" He asked, also getting worried.

"No, I'll be fine alone." She replied and ran out the door, ignoring all the calls.

Sooah got into her car and drove away. She forgot about everything else, only Jaehyun was in her mind. Without Sooah realizing, tears started to fall out of her eyes.

"We were just laughing and talking a few hours ago, Jaehyun. Please be okay." She sniffled.

Her phone started ringing but she ignored it, sighing in relif as she saw "SM Hospital" in front of her eyes after driving around and getting lost.

Sooah parked her car and thankfully saw Yuta and Winwin, two of Jaehyun's other best friends aside from Johnny and Taeyong.

"Yuta, Winwin!" She called, running up to them, letting all the rain fall on her.
"Did you see Jaehyun, is he okay?"

They both shook their heads. "No, we just got here. But Johnny said they're still waiting." Yuta replied.

Sooah nodded and followed the two inside the hospital. They got into the elevator and pressed the floor number Johnny told them. As soon as the elevator stopped, Sooah walked out first and ran towards Johnny, Taeyong, Taeil and Chan who were sitting in front of the emergency room.

"Jaehyun..." she sobbed as she placed her hands on the glass door.

Sooah felt a hand pat her shoulder. It was Taeil. His eyes were red and tears were still streaming down his face.

"He'll be okay, he would never leave you or any of us."

Sooah let her head fall on Taeil's shoulder as she continued sobbing, waiting for Jaehyun to come out of the emergency room.

Chan watched Sooah from afar. "If I was the one in there, she probably wouldn't even shed one tear." He huffed.