𝟏𝟐

CHAPTER TWELVE

Jaehyun arrived ten minutes later. He opened the car door for Sooah and started driving to Taeil's restaurant because Sooah wanted her favorite dark chocolate cake.

"We're here, let's go."

Jaehyun walked in first with Sooah following behind. Thet greeted Taeil who gave Jaehyun a smirk, making Jaehyun glare at him.

"Did you have a good time with Chan?" He asked.

Sooah shrugged. "He was so different than how he is at school."

"You went to the stay cafe right?"

She nodded. "Why?"

"Chan and Lina had their first date there."

"Oh."

"Why do you look disappointed? Did something happen?" Jaehyun asked.

"It's just... Chan called me Lina."

Jaehyun stared at Sooah.

"He did? Damn he messed up."

She sighed. "But it just made me realize that even if Chan is my soulmate, that wouldn't stop him from loving Lina."

"But you do know what happens when you fall for someone who isn't your soulmate, right?" Jaehyun asked.

Sooah nodded. "I really don't know what to do."

Through the night, Jaehyun listened to everything Sooah talked about. Taeil watched in the distance smiling to himself and taking some pictures for Jaehyun. The restaurant closed ten minutes ago but of course, Taeil let them stay. Soon, Sooah talked about her entire life to Jaehyun and Jaehyun did too, not realizing it was already midnight.

"Yeah then- Sooah?" Jaehyun looked over to his right and saw that Sooah's eyes were closed and her had layed on top of her arms on the table.

He smiled to himself, them tried to wake her up but Taeil came over.

"Hell no, don't wake her up."

Jaehyun looked at him confused.

"Carry her home, duh."

"But-"

"Listen to the great Moon Taeil and thank me later." He winked.

Jaehyun sighed, picking Sooah up and carrying her out the door.

"Don't drop her, Jaehyun!" Taeil shouted.

Jaehyun ignored him and shook his head.

"You're so beautiful- wait what?" He stared at her face and smiled.
"Can't you be mine?"

Jaehyun stood in front of Sooah's house and rang the doorbell. He waited for a little while until someone opened the door.

"Soo- who are you?"

"I'm Jaehyun, Sooah fell asleep so I carried her home."

"Oh... you're the Jung Jaehyun. I'm Roeun, Sooah's brother. Thanks for bringing my sister home." He smiled at Jaehyun.

"Roeun, who's at the door?" A deep voice asked.

"Jaehyun. That guy Sooah always talks about." Roeun replied.
"Anyway, I'll take her to her room. Thank you once again."

He closed the door and Jaehyun walked away. Roeun rolled his eyes at Sooah. "Aren't you supposed to be hanging out with your soulmate? He isn't Bang Chan."

Then, he walked up the stairs and threw Sooah on her bed. "Goodnight you idiot."

...

Jaehyun walked down the street smiling to himself. His smile isntantly dropped when he remembered something.

"I left my car at Taeil's."

He cursed to himself and turned around, walking back to Taeil's restaurant.

Once he arrived, Jaehyun saw his best friend leaning onto his car with a big smile.

"You even forgot your car. Now pay me back by driving me home."

"Yeah yeah." Jaehyun replied, tired and annoyed.

"So, next thing you will have to bring flowers up to her and-"

"Taeil I'm not her soulmate!"

"I don't understand why it's so hard for you. Just change it, Sooah doesn't love Chan and Chan doesn't love Sooah. It's Jaehyun and Sooah, Chan and Lina. Not Chan and Sooah, Jaehyun and Lina."

"I'll leave it up to Sooah."

"Then? When she falls in love with Chan because it's too late?"

"Then I'll be happy for them."

"Jaehyun I know you're dumb but I didn't know you were this dumb." Taeil slapped his forehead.

"If Sooah will be happier with Chan, then I'll be happy for her too."

"Yeah yeah. Because her happiness is my happiness or whatever. Then, you'll cry yourself to sleep every night. Very nice, Mr. Jung Jaehyun."