That Conversation

Things are getting real Lovely Readers. Fasten your seat belts for the next few Chapters, it's going to be a bumpy ride. Please forgive me for the slurs at the end of this Chapter too.

Also am I the only one screaming? OMG Scott and Mitch got matching tattoos and I am only finding this out now! Or is it a tease? Check out the photo on Scott's Twitter and tell me if I am imagining things???? They were all so "Mitch is getting tatted" and never said a word about Scott getting one too. 1) Slay. 2) Kill me now. 3) Awww too cute. 4) Better be in Superfruit, just saying. Also house tour required too. :)

Chapter 24

Connie and Richard were sitting up in bed talking.

"What time did you get home last night Dear?" Connie asked.

"I'm not sure, it was around 11.30pm I think. The lights were on in the pool house. Is Scott still suffering from Insomnia?"

"I'm not sure Dear. He had his friend Mitch over and they were working on some music I think. He seemed like a nice boy. Dee said that she was friends with Mitch's mother. He also works for you at the factory. He's the one who helped you out with the quota formula I think?"

"Mitch Grassi?"

"Yes, that's him. He stayed for dinner and then he and Scott went to the studio to work on some music together. I have to say that for such a short acquaintance, I really like him. He seemed sincere, he was very polite and obviously well mannered."

"When Scott came to the factory he didn't mention knowing Mitch personally, come to think of it I believe it was Mitch who encouraged him to try the sashimi. Toshimoto was quite impressed with Scott too. It was very nice to see him taking an interest. Although if it was because of Mitch, I guess we're probably right about his sexual orientation. Is that the term these days?"

He thought some more about Mitch and said "Mitch is a very good employee, he's actually the best on the export packing floor. He has saved me so much time with the quota equation too. I guess Scott shows some good taste choosing an intelligent, hard-working, attractive young man like Mitch."

"Goodness Dear, you sound like you want to start planning a wedding! Actually, I think Mitch is sweet. He'd definitely be getting a catch in our Son." Connie smiled. Thinking to herself "And you know we could still have a wedding..."

"Yes he would." Richard agreed.

"Do you think they are together? I didn't hear Scott take Mitch home last night."

Richard frowned then said. "Well they are adults. It feels very strange talking about our son this way, though Connie. Maybe we should just wait until he actually says something?"

"You're right Dear. We are jumping the gun. But it's nice to know you agree with me about Mitch. I would be happy for the both of them if they made each other happy. That's all I want, for Scotty to be happy." She affirmed. "We can't protect them from Society and its expectations, especially here. All we can do is love Scott and encourage him to be open with us."

.......................

Mitch's POV

When Scott disappeared into the bathroom, I put some coffee on and then I went to the front window to look outside. I couldn't see anything, so I opened the front door and had a look outside. There was no evidence Miles had been there. No footprints under the window, no tell-tale creepy object left behind for us to find. It was really disappointing. We just had our word against Miles's. I hoped for Scott's sake his Mom was the kind of woman I believed her to be and she would take her son's word. Well, our word I guess. Scott hadn't actually seen Miles like I had.