Aftermath

A recap and some fun smut to finish my Lovely Readers, just to end on a high note!

Chapter 33 - Scott's POV

My parents, Mitch and I all trooped down to the Station in the morning. We were taken to various tables by the Deputies and had our statements taken. Then we all went into an interview room together and went over everything again for the benefit of the Sheriff. He included some information that we didn't already know. Wendell's Mother had ratted him out once she'd learnt he was dead, and told where his trailer was. Everything pertinent had been collected as evidence and the rest destroyed. Miles and Wendell were being buried in the City Plot as soon as their bodies were released, neither parent was interested in spending the money on anything fancier.

The District Attorney wasn't pressing charges over my actions in the death of Miles. Avi and the Sheriff both reassured me that having two Deputies there at the end made things a lot easier to prove selfdefense. Besides they had also reported on Miles's mental health, the shrine to Mom in his room and the ranting that had been caught on the station tape recorder when Avi had checked in.

It was over.

We went back home to find Dee waiting for us with brunch and a clean house. She and her friends had scrubbed the house, cleaned up the mess, got rid of all the tape, fingerprint powder and chalk that the Sheriff and his men had left, changed the sheets and aired the house out. The whole place smelled like French toast, heavy on the cinnamon. There was coffee, hot chocolate and even eggs and bacon for those who wanted it. We dug in and started to let the stress, memories and fear fade.

.............................

My parents and I insisted that Mitch move in. We kind of took over the pool house and who wouldn't in our position. Dee loved having two more people to look after, she's even dating again! Mitch still worked at the factory, but now he was in the Management program. He and Dad were inseparable which was really cool. Their experiences had drawn them closer and besides, Mitch was crazy smart and had so many ideas about improving productivity and Dad totally started treating him like the second son he always wanted.

Bonus for me because when the time was right I was going to ask that man to marry me.

Dr Woodley helped us get over the residual horror of that night and now in Mitch's arms I sleep like a baby. When we're not up to other things.

Our music? Well, we sent the demo around and what do you know? We were picked up by a label! We made more music together and our first album took off so much, we were nominated for some really awesome awards. Avi and Kirstie moved in with each other, Kevin and this totally cool chick called Tori are seeing each other and Mitch and I are totally happy.

I couldn't ask for a better life. I sold up in L.A. and came home to be with Mitch. We're planning on getting our own place eventually, but Mom and Dad want us home for a while. We write in the studio just about every day, when we're not fooling around. Mitch being in the Management Program means he's not so tired and sore after a work day now, so that's been fun. We redecorated the bedroom in the pool house and what do you know? It turns out Mitch has really good taste in all things fashion. I knew it.

Waking up beside him every morning is one of the best things in the world.

One of...

...................................

Kevin pulled the car into the garage. (Mom & Dad had snaffled him as their chauffeur when he revealed he knew engines as well as Cello.) He hopped out and grabbed the luggage to take inside for Dee to deal with, before heading to his folk's place.