Studio?

Chapter 9 - Mitch's POV

I walked home feeling better than I had in so long. Rick/Scott was back in my life. I felt lighter, happier, like the world was full of possibilities again. Like I had when I was young. I couldn't stop smiling and then I started humming under my breath as I reached my door. Going inside and then getting ready for bed, I kept seeing Scott's face. HIs expression when he asked me to have breakfast with him, or anything really. I wondered in that moment if it was nostalgia, or if he wanted me. Not just to catch up with an old friend, but just me.

Whatever unfolded, I was eager to find out.

Lying in my bed staring up at the ceiling, I couldn't get the image of Scott out of my head. That last day we spent together, the sun screen, the feel of his skin under my fingers. That smile when we laughed at something silly at the same time. The booth, the photo and the expression on his face after the kiss. And now, how he's grown into his face, that adorable chin, those devastating eyes. The way he can still blush, that hopeful look when he asked to spend more time with me. Could the man get any cuter? 'Go to sleep Mitch'. Nope can't. My thoughts turned a bit naughtier.

I started to imagine what mature Scott looked like under his clothes. Would his chest still be hairless? Did he have a snail trail? I didn't imagine the way his shirt moulded to his chest. That man had some serious pecs. I recalled the colour, size and shape of the other features of young Scott's chest with greater ease than I thought I would. Must have made an impression! I did remember a time when I wanted to lick each one in turn and see if he was ticklish there or if it made him shudder. Would his hair be darker or lighter than I was imagining? Would I ever get to see? I hope so.

I imagined those strong hands on my skin, what those fingers could do to me. Those lips brushing against the sensitive points of my collarbones, what his breath would feel like against my ear. What sounds he might make as I returned the favour and caressed him. Fantasy is a wonderful outlet when you don't have the real thing. But the possibility of having the real thing was even more wonderful. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. I pulled the copy of Great Expectations out of my bedside table drawer and refreshed my memory of that image it contained.

I rolled over and imagined him lying against my back, holding me tightly against his chest. His breath gently ruffling my hair. I could still smell his cologne. I could almost imagine what it would be like to feel his weight against my body and the look on his face before he climaxed. It wasn't helping me sleep though. I pushed everything out of my head and focused on his smile. It was tangible and the thing I'd missed the most. Tomorrow Mitch. Sleep.

I slept, and dreamed of him. Of us together and possibilities.

The next morning I didn't need an alarm. I woke and leapt out of bed and into the shower. I hummed as I soaped up and rinsed, washed my hair, toes and face and everything in between. After drying off and grabbing some comfortable but newer clothes, just the basics, skinny jeans, oversize T and cute sweater. I moisturised, styled my hair and contemplated shaving. Nope, tomorrow.

I tidied up the apartment, made sure my work clothes were all safely shut up in their cupboard and that I had something in the fridge to drink, just in case Scott only brought food. It didn't need much of a spruce. I was tidy by habit if not by nature. It was easier knowing where things were when you weren't a morning person and you had to be at work early. I set my coffee maker going. It was one thing I couldn't live without. I could quite happily give up alcohol as long as I had caffeine. I opened the blinds and let the sun in. I opened a couple of windows to let the morning breeze in and suddenly started grinning and couldn't stop.

Scott's POV

I jumped out of bed. Surprisingly full of energy considering the events of the previous day. I quickly showered and pulled out some clothes, I didn't really have a lot of options, so I raided what was there from when I was home last. Boardies? Slacks? Slacks for Dad, Boardies for Mitch. Yup. I threw on a Tshirt and some flip flops and then as I passed the mirror and saw my hair, I grabbed a hat. Scary. I needed to get some gel. One necessary item I had left behind. I headed downstairs. Mom was coming out of the kitchen as I arrived and I remembered my thoughts from the night before.

"Mom, how often do you and Dad use the pool house now?"

"Oh, the pool house? Well let me see, I guess hardly ever. Your father and I are more into supper entertainment nowadays. Did you want to invite some people around for a party?"

"Actually I was thinking of turning it into a recording studio."

"Wouldn't that be an awful lot of bother for just a holiday Dear?"

"I'm actually thinking of extending it Mom. Janene can sort out what I need from my apartment and I can get Nigel to send the equipment. I guess I just need the OK from you and Dad? The orchestra is doing well, and they're breaking Sean in so I don't need to be there for a while and I don't have any current recording commitments. I really have this feeling I need to see where this takes me Mom. Would you and Dad be OK with it?"

After considering how tired and drawn Scott had appeared when he arrived home yesterday and how full of energy and excitement he looked this morning, Connie could tell her son needed to explore this new found enthusiasm. If it didn't go where he imagined then he could just use it as a refresher and then get back to reality. He was successful, admired in his industry and young enough that a change in direction was something he could explore if he chose. She thought it would be fine with Richard and said she would sound him out.

"Thanks Mom." I smiled and headed to the kitchen.

.......

As her son's face brightened, Connie realized she hadn't seen him look this happy for some time. She wondered how happy he actually was with where he was in life and took that feeling away to mull over as she headed into the dining room for breakfast. Dee had laid out a simple continental breakfast, a choice of toast, croissants, condiments, tea, coffee and orange juice. Connie poured a glass of juice and walked to the window to look out at the view. As Richard came in for breakfast, Dee popped her head in the door and asked if either would like a bagel alternative.

"What's here is fine with me thank you Dee." said Connie.

Rick nodded in agreement and picked up the papers laid out at his place at the table, as Connie walked back to the sideboard, poured him coffee and took it to him.

"Dear," Connie began. "Have you had a chance to talk to Scott yet?"

"Only last night at dinner. We're spending some time this afternoon."

"That's nice. He might mention converting the pool house into a recording studio." She informed him. "I think it's a good idea. He was looking so tired when he got home yesterday. I don't want a repeat of three years ago when it took him months to get over exhaustion. Maybe this is something he needs?"

"The pool house? I suppose that would be fine. We don't really use it much anymore. The smaller room off to the side could stay a change room and to keep the equipment in I suppose. Would the main room would be the studio?" At her uncertain look he continued. "No I think it would need to be soundproofed? What do you need to set up a studio these days?"

It was rhetorical. But the idea was taking root and both Scott's parents considered his career so far and how he had exceeded their expectations. Both started to think about his future and what direction he might take. After all he was a chip off the old block. Richard was sure he would be successful at anything he went after. He had passion, perseverance and was not afraid of hard work. He nodded to himself. Yes, his son was a great source of pride and accomplishment.

............

Scott went into the kitchen to see Dee and picked up the cooler and bag she told him to take. "Everything you need is in there Scotty. There's a thermos of coffee in the bag too. You Hollywood types need caffeine in the mornings don't you?"

"Surprisingly I feel like I've had three cups already and I just got up!" he exclaimed.

Dee nodded and then turned as she heard Mr Hoying enter the dining room. "I'll go check on your parents, you go have fun."

Scott grabbed the keys and headed for Mitch's.

He stopped at the door of No. 9 and suddenly felt shy. Gathering up the items he was carrying as well as his courage, he knocked on the door and waited for it to open.