Chapter 12: The Trend (Stefan & Hayoung POV)

~ ~ ~

(Stefan POV)

“What do you mean you cannot find her?!” Taeyeon noona was almost on the verge of  tears.

The same could be said for me. I was standing beside her and my eyes were already red from crying. Heck, my sister is MISSING! How was I supposed to remain calm?

Earlier I was forced to call off our double date in order to head to SM and console SNSD members. News of  Fany’s disappearance must have travelled fast indeed for all the members (including former member Jessica). However, it took a lot longer for that fact to sink into me. I finally burst into tears as I watched the other members’ solemn attitude at the news. It was too much.

The situation was apparently so serious that even Mr Lee had to be called back to help with the search. He was visibly concerned for Fany’s safety as he was the one who first knew about my captors’ escape from prison.

“Taeyeon,” Mr Lee explained. “We are seeking help from the police regarding this matter. I too want Miyoung to be safely back with the rest of the group, but we can only rely on the police for updates for the time being.”

“Mr Lee’s right unnie...” Yoona held her hand. “We cannot afford to crumble at a dangerous time...all our lives are at risk, especially Stefan’s”

It all made sense. I knew my kidnappers weren’t dumb. They would use any method to get me back, even using SNSD members as ransom.

“I fear...” I spoke in-between sobs, “that if my captors were the ones who took Fany, they probably know that our sibling relations are not public in Korea... Thus they’d threaten to release that news to the public as well. After all, it was her idea to keep it a secret until I became active.”

This definitely could not happen.

“Alright,” Mr Lee sighed. “I have an idea in mind, but I guess I cannot say it out yet in case it doesn’t work. Although, I presume Stefan might know...”

Me? Why me?

It was late, and after a worry-filled day, it was in our best interest to head back home. Even though the members each owned a home themselves, it was best for us to remain together as a group in the SNSD dorm. I was like a dongsaeng to them already and they welcomed me to the dorm whenever the opportunity arose. Only Jessica noona went back home. Not really because she was no longer and SNSD member, but more because Krystal needed to be safe, despite the fact that my captors had not even considered her being my girlfriend.

As for Nate and Jinyoung, I insisted that they stayed together at Apink’s dorm. Nate, like me, was the most at risk since he was almost attacked himself. Learning about Jinyoung’s past assassin and combat experience meant that he should be in safe hands with Jinyoung. With all that, I also hoped Hayoung was safe. She could get attacked too...

On the way back to the dorm, I contacted Appa and told him the situation. He was back at our house in Korea, thus he was at risk too. After getting over the initial shock that his daughter was missing, I managed to calm him down and told him to find a way out of Korea quickly for the time being. It was not safe at home for now.

“Okay,” he sobbed. “I’ll book a flight to Cali tomorrow and stay at our home in the US.”

In the meantime, all nine of us managed to reach the dorm safely. In Fany’s absence, Yuri and Seohyun noonas were now responsible for my safety. I was still visibly unnerved and uncomfortable about my safety, but I was able to relax a little in their company.