Chapter 22: Justice (Tasha & Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

(Tasha POV)

For a moment, Fany and I sat frozen as the horrifying sounds from above continued to reverberate around the room. Sometimes, the noises would be so loud, the room rumbled.

"Fany..." I was clinging onto her tightly, "I'm scared..."

"This is bad..." she looked up. "That Mrs Tan must be throwing a huge fit...or perhaps she's just stressed..."

"Maybe..." a thought crossed my mind. "You think your brother's in this building too?!"

It was a possibility. After all, having been missing for a week, surely some Kpop fans would have noticed and gotten worried. We had to be rescued pronto.

"Mollayo Tasha yah..." Fany shook her head. "I know my brother would have a strong desire to save me. However just look around us...these walls are just impenetrable. It would be a challenge for even the police to break through..."

Fany could not be losing hope now! We had to find a way out.

Another loud thud...followed by a faint sound of screams from above. Upstairs was certainly a war zone, without a shadow of doubt.

That was when I heard a cracking sound from the walls. It was almost as if...the cement holding the bricks was falling apart?

"Fany!" I nudged her. "Maybe we can escape through the walls! They're weakening."

"You're right!" she exclaimed. "I'd do anything to get out of this hell hole!"

Frantically, we ran our hands along the walls and tried to search for a weak spot. There was a chance we'd be able to push one of the blocks over and perhaps create a big enough opening for us to escape. We should be alright since all the guards were probably distracted by the commotion upstairs.

"Palli!" Tiffany was urging me. The situation was critical. If we escaped, maybe we could help find Stefan and Nate!

At last, my fingers brushed against a section of the wall, and it felt like it had a gap of sorts. What's more...the bricks felt loose!

"Unnie!" I called for Fany. "I found the sweet spot!"

"Jinja?!" she was delighted and rushed towards me.

Immediately, we set about the removal process. Firstly, careful Fany gingerly removed the lose block from its position. It was heavy and rather sturdy.

"We can use the block like a hammer," Fany explained. "Then we can knock down the walls and leave this prison."

Luckily, I found a wooden plank and some unwanted bedsheets lying around the prison. So we attached the brick to the plank and used the bedsheets to secure it. Finally, we were ready to knock it down.

"Ssi...JAK!" Fany and I echoed together and slammed the makeshift hammer at the wall hard.

It seemed to work. After the echoing impact, I could feel more cracks on the wall.

"We're nearly there unnie!" I felt a greater sense of hope.

Two more slams later, and at last, a large opening was visible. We could seemingly crawl through...

"No time to waste!" Fany rushed through and in no time she was at the other side.

However, I hesitated. All that seemed too...predictable. Mrs Tan probably knew we would escape that way too right? What if we ran into trouble...?