Chapter 26: Comfort (Stefan & Hayoung POV)

~ ~ ~ 

(Stefan POV)

"Stefan," Fany's words rang in my ears, "the public now knows about us being siblings."

It came quite as a shock to me, especially since they were words from Fany herself. Since my reunion with her, she had been quite firm on her decision to keep me a secret from SNSD's fans. But now...her decision...

"Why?" I asked her.

"We cannot play the hiding game from everyone forever..." she told me. "I guess I failed to understand that in the initial days of your return..."

"No..." I told her. "Don't be. I mean it's my fault for not being there for you as well...Madam K...I just was not expecting..."

"Yeah, you know what, it's all Madam K's fault. She should not have kidnapped you in the first place..." Fany sighed.

"Unnie!" Krystal piped in. "To be fair...on her part..."

"Why are you defending her Krys?!" Fany was surprised. Honestly, I wanted to know that too.

"Well...her actions were terrible, and yes I truly detest them. But if Stefan weren't kidnapped in the first place, do you think I would have met him and even...loved him?

She had a point. No matter what, Madam K also nurtured and cared for me for seventeen years, whereas Jinyoung and Nate suffered under her indirect rule.

"When I face her in the court," I told them, "I will still thank her, but I'll make sure no one knows about Krystal and I."

"Still...it won't be long...Stefan..." she reminded me. "We just need to be careful now that you are known to the public already."

A temporary silence followed before Fany spoke next.

"I was wrong," Fany sighed. "I only saw Madam K as a devilish woman who kidnapped my brother. But she did have a kind heart too..."

"Not sure about Nate though..." I pointed out. "His was true torture..."

To be honest, this news would probably be the best thing for us. It should throw off any worries from the fans that Tiffany was kidnapped for a week. We did not need more stress at home anymore.

Shortly after, a doctor came in to check me one last time. He told me that I was ready to be discharged in two days.

"How come...?" I asked as soon as the doctor left. "It definitely stung me hard though..."

"Thank me..." I said embarrassed. "I threw water on you at the right moment. Then again, thanks to your fight with Madam K, our prison walls became weak and broke, thus we could escape and meet up with Officer Kim along the way. He gave me a bottle of water..."

"Why did you use water though?" I asked her.

"Not sure...but since Jinyoung was the one who planned the mission..." she thought hard.

So Jinyoung knew Madam K's weakness in her creations? What could I say, he attacked a fake Madam K before...

"Oh yes..." Fany told me. "It was under Jinyoung's insistence that I  requested to reveal you to the public."

Him too? Jinyoung...I would go and give that guy a hug for real. He taught all of us how not to fear or be uncertain.

"Wow, I cannot believe my boyfriend will become as famous as me soon!" Krystal lifted the mood.