Chapter 18: Bite Back (Tiffany & Nate POV)

~ ~ ~

(Tiffany POV)

I watched with an air of uncertainty as Tasha was escorted out of the prison by one of the guards. According to him, someone was going to see me...alone.

That was totally reassuring...not. Tasha and I had been leaning on each other this whole time of our captivity. Out in the Kpop world, I would be the sunbae and the dongsaengs like Tasha would look up to me and the other SNSD members. But since our captivity, that did not matter any more. Between ourselves, we had dropped formalities and shared tears and sorrows together.

Now, she was taken away, though just to another part of the building. The dread of meeting whoever wanted to speak with me was rising every second.

The door remained open after Tasha left, but guards stood by in case I escaped. Even though they were unarmed, they were buff...so I already lost that battle.

And then, right in front of my eyes, a figure slowly approached, wearing a hooded outfit. Obviously, I could not see the face clearly, but something told me this was someone I should not mess with in a million years.

As the person entered, footsteps made chillingly frightful echoes across the prison. I squirmed into the corner in fear.

"Ah...Ms Hwang..." it was a female voice. "lovely to see you here..."

Oh really?

"I hope you have enjoyed the accommodation so far," she sneered.

"N-N-Ne..." I struggled to answer.

"Well, I guess some of us are reminded of some unfinished business every time you were mentioned..." she pointed out. "Now seems like the best time to deal with you."

That made me increasingly unsettled. Either I would get the full brunt of the torture...until I bled, or...NO! I tried not to imagine the worst case scenario.

"But...who could you be? What's your name?" I approached cautiously with the questions I wanted to ask her.

She gave a deathly laugh, which made me curl up more.

"Let's just say, we have met before..." she calmly revealed.

Andwe...it could not possibly be...

"But..." she stopped me. "I don't go by the name you thought I went by..."

Huh? Well, I suspected she was married, but what was she named before she was...

"Even though I was addressed in court as Mrs Tan," she stated, "I wonder if you ever knew what name I went by before...?"

Well of course I would not know. Just wished she told me there and then.

"However," she snapped, "why should I tell you that at all? You do realise I'm holding you as ransom?"

"So? What did I do?" I challenged.

"Ha! Still asking such a stupid question. YOU TOOK MY STEFAN!" Mrs Tan bellowed.

She hit my weak spot psychologically. STEFAN'S MY BOTHER! MY DONGSAENG! I'm his family along with appa! What was she thinking?!

I got so caught up with what she said, I collapsed to the floor in tears. How could Mrs Tan (or whatever name she decided to call her herself) be so horrible?! Was that the heart of a kidnapper?

"Do I care?" she breathed down heavily. "You took him away from me!"

"And you took what is not yours!" I could not hold it in any longer. "Stefan deserved to be told the truth, and justice has been served with yours and Mr Tan's arrest...until you two escaped."