Chapter 9: Too Close For Comfort (Tasha & Jinyoung POV)

~ ~ ~

(Tasha POV)

(~One Month Later~)

"And cut!" announced the director of Arirang's 'Pops In Seoul'; a show I was hosting. Another busy schedule done and dusted, I gathered my things and headed back to the agency for my regular dance practice session.

Over the past month, a lot of troubles, amongst others, had been wrecking my brain as well. One of the biggest was the urgent need to find my younger brother. I could not stand the fact that he could be missing from me for another year. For crying out loud it's coming to the end of 2014 already.

Ferlyn and I had gone to the police station to give them what her dad found. Together with the Seoul Police Department, they were trying to crack the case themselves and the latter agreed that the photo was a crucial piece of evidence.

However, it had been a month and there was no update on the search. Ferlyn had since returned to Singapore to prepare for her solo comeback (which I was eagerly anticipating myself). Nothing much had happened since then. For that matter, I had not heard any word from Nate...perhaps due to my busy schedule. But the more I thought about him, the more uneasy I got.

Because Nate and I rarely talked or met much, he was still a stranger to me. Why did he live alone? Why is he under police watch? Maybe he knew something about my missing brother?

I made a note that he should be contacted once my schedules were freer. Hopefully after dance practice...

Speaking of calls, my phone suddenly rang which caught me by surprise. I picked up the call, which actually came from our group's maknae, Hana.

"Unnie..." she was speaking hesitantly. "There's someone asking for you back at the dorm..."

"Who could it be?" I asked. "Anyway, tell that person if he needs to see me, I'm at Alpha Entertainment practicing my choreo."

"Arasso..." she replied. Why do I have an uncertain feeling about this...?

Nonetheless, I arrived at the agency without a hitch and dived straight into dance practice. For about an hour into the session, nothing was out of the ordinary.

A knocking on the practice room door meant that I had to stop my session for a while. I asked the person to come in...but was not expecting to see a tall man wearing a business suit with sunglasses enter the room.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" my voice faltered such that the greeting came out more as a question.

"Don't worry, we can communicate in English," he abruptly answered. What a relief, but how rude of him not to greet me back.

"Sure...who are-" I asked before getting interrupted by him again.

"I heard you perhaps know of an eighteen year-old boy called Nate?" he probed.

"Oh yes!" I seemed filled with hope. Maybe he was going to tell me that my brother is going to be found soon. I would see him for the first time in years and I would be glad and-

"Tell me," the man spoke with a tone of seriousness, "where is he? Where does Nate stay?!"

Based on the tone of his voice, I knew my hopes were dashed. Nate was in danger...and so would I if I did not tread carefully.

"Sir...I don't know..." I stuttered (which was true I really did not know where Nate stayed). "I only heard of him, never really seen him..."

"Not going to take that as an answer," he responded plainly. "Now you tell me where he is!"