CHAPTER 25: To The Rebels You Go

The shining moon was witness to everything that had transpired that night. She was there when she watched as the dictator fled the sinking ship, not even looking back to watch it say goodbye to the surface, forever damned to be stuck at the bottom of the sea, abandoned as he did to his own people. 

A motorboat whooshed through the dark waters, the dictator having a permanent scowl on his face. From afar he saw the scores of people holding up banners cursing him. Their screams urging the boat to sink, almost representing the impending fall of his regime. A chopper approached the noise getting louder and louder by the second until it stopped to hover above the motor boat. A guard reached up to the rope, pulling himself up as he did to the president. 

Rovach haphazardly seated himself inside, not bothering to look at the guards that accompanied him in the vehicle. His only intention only to get out of there as he attempted to speak to the pilot. "As fast as she can fly to the villa in Dezar. They sunk my boat." he looked out to the see, not noticing the pilot rip off his helmet. " I was thinking of somewhere else." Rovach looked up confused, trying to put a face to the familiar voice, his concentration halting as the man beside him choked out the guard that came with him. He tried rescuing his guard but a gun had been pointed at him "I'll blow your fucking head off." Seven removing the scarf that covered his face, the other ghost doing the same. "Who are you?" He asked them, his gaze landing at the one in front of him, the last to remove his scarf. "No one." 

Rovach looked at the men and women that surrounded him, his gaze lingering on the man that had his guard in a choke hold, fainting from the suppressed air supply. He looked towards the young man that gave him a hard glare, his green eyes sent daggers his way as he looked at the young woman that rested in his arms, noticing the her bandaged arm and the gaping hole in her shirt showing the white bandage that had some blood seeping. He returned his gaze to the pilot's cabin realizing what had happened. "Murat!" His brother only giving him a side look, forcing him to look at the man that sat in front of him, giving him an oh so familiar smug look. 

The chopper flew over the dunes, the sand going on to fly everywhere, before they reached the refugee camps. One didn't take his eyes of the dictator who looked down looking at the people and the camp in disgust, Four and Two peered out to look, while Zero tried to get up only to be stopped by Four who had his good arm around her waist. The people looked up to them, fire and garbage scattered around them, children playing in the ruins unfazed with the utter chaos around them. Everyone in the vehicle remained silent, One let out a breath as he composed himself, trying not to get his emotions to surface. "The devil will definitely have a special place in hell for you."  Zero said making everyone looking at her amused, she spoke as if she had not faced death a few hours ago. 

The rebels cheered and chanted, gathering beneath the hovering chopper, weapons held high ready to get the most deserved revenge. Rovach's eyes were wild as he continued to stare at One "I know you. From the opera, right?" 

"Welcome to act five." 

"I knew it. What are you gonna do."  One smirked at him, nonchalantly sgrugging his shoulders as he opened the door, letting the rush pf wind hit them all. 

"Murat!"  He called out to his brother that couldn't be bothered to even look back at him. "I'm your brother!" 

"You didn't listen to me brother!" The reply brought fear to his heart, knowing completely what they were planning to do. He looked to one and began screaming in his face. "Kill me here huh? I wanna die with dignity. Kill me here. Kill me here! Kill me. Kill me right now." One had his pistol already aimed at his head, but handed it to Seven that sat next to him. Zero sat up straighter about to speak as he asked to be killed there and then in front of them. "Your blood doesn't belong to us, it belongs to them. No one deserves the blood of a dictator more than the people who he had made suffer most, them"  

Rovach looked at the girl, his eyes no longer trying to conceal the fear, One lunged at him, the dictator holding tightly to the door, the lead ghost choking him, he shouted more, calling out to his brother for refuge but was met with a cold shoulder. The rebels below them screamed louder and cheered as they saw the dictator's body dangle above. With a final push his body fell into the sea of people out for his blood, from the crimes he did and the lives he took and stole. 

The ghosts and Murat hovered longer as they heard the relentless assault and eventual murder that the rebels rained upon the dictator. One was the only one that looked out and watched Rovach bleed to death from the blows that he received. The chopper finally swerved away from the madness, allowing the vigilantes to release a breath, unaware that they were holding it. Zero nudged the leader that was still lost in his thought, wincing a little in the process. " We did it One. Now let's get the president home shall we?"  The leader smiled at the youngest ghost, placing his hands in her face, kissing her forehead sweetly, then turned to Murat. "You heard the woman, let's get you home your excellence."