CHAPTER 12: Story time

The beaming sun didn't spare anyone any mercy. The trailers were pretty much the only refuge in the sun's assault, the reason why none of the ghosts liked the idea of walking around the area. The newest one though had curiosity in him,it oozed out as this point as One only gave him vague answers to all his questions. He walked around in his jacket, hat on his boots crushing against the sand. 

He reached a trailer with its doors opened wide. He walked towards it and started to hear a show playing loudly from the inside. When he was in the opening he felt the cool blast of the air conditioner, the show was played on one of the many monitors sprawled around the room. He pulled himself inside and saw Four who was placing a blanket on a sleeping Zero. She snuggled into the warmth and fell into a deeper slumber, oblivious to the gaze the soldier had on the Skywalker. 

"Watcha doin' out here Seven?" The blonde said now looking at the man, plopping himself on a chair, sitting back and scanning through a stack of passports. The soldier shut the door behind him and looked around. It was dark, black blinds prevented any light from outside to come in. The many screens were the only source of light, he looked around looking at the walls, covered in pictures of the target and plans, much like the haunted house. He then went on to look at each of the screens, some of them looking to have just coding gibberish on them, some having digital blueprints, hinting that this was probably Zero's trailer. He looked towards the sleeping girl, headphones on her head. " I could say the same to you Four, this looks like Zero's territory." 

The sitting blonde just shrugged as he looked at the stack once again. "What do you know about One?"

"He loves Wally the Dog.He's obsessed with this beaver show. We think he's an orphan actually. We got a little bet on it, if you wanna put some money in it."

"Interesting crew you got here bro. How many missions you guys run?" 

"Counting Florence? Uhmmmm, One."

"One What?"

"Well actually, there was this like mini-mission. So maybe one and a quarter. It was in Sicily. But Florence absolute shit show. I mean, if I wasn't there. Probably more than one of us dead, Just saying." 

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

" Uhm, I don't fuck around."

" You do realize that I just buried myself in front of my family and friends?" 

" Oh yeah, Zero told me. Big military funeral. Guns popping, flags.Pretty cool. At my funeral, there were five people and two of them left before the end. It was tough seeing your mum cry at your grave. Anyway, this mission, I got a really good feeling about it."

"How come you couldn't find this guy."

"I don't know, Zero could usually find anyone, but she just can't seem to find him. She said Americans caught him a few years back. They gave him to his brother, that bald looking fella over there."

 The men's conversation was cut short as one of the screen began blinking and started pinging repeatedly. They watched as the bundled up girl timidly got up,, not noticing their presence, mumbling to herself. She grabbed the mouse and began looking at the screen, her pupils darted back and forth, typing once in a while. 

" You get any idea what she's doing."

"Not a clue, better just leave her to do her thing." 

A ghost of a smile visited her soft features, her eyes glinting from the screen. A few second and taps on the keyboard later, she leaned into the chair, turning to face the two men who still stared at her. "Oh, Hello Seven."

"You're not going to acknowledge Four, girly?" 

"Oh no, he's always here anyways." Sending a little wink at the free runner.

"Got some intel on Murat yet?"

Another ping set of behind her, causing her to tap on the mouse once again. Leaning down pulling a flash drive from the processor. "Well captain, I do now. Come on, One needs to see this."

~~~

A grimace and some gags were made by the ghosts as Zero took out the Lawyer's eye. Wiping her hand on her pants she tapped on the tablet, showing one what she recovered from the files they had retrieved from Florence. One rolled his eyes and scoffed at he saw the location on the screen, Three on the other hand screamed, his arms in the air. "We're going to Vegas baby!"

" General Garioff, lots of consonants so we'll make this easier. The little fat one, he's the handler of Rovach's baby brother." The stern voice of their leader accompanied by his immature remarks, surprised no one in the den. Zero could care less as she she spoke to Two and Three, the only ghosts that would be coming with her and One on the trip. " Vegas has more facial recognition software than any place on earth, so guys please don't make my job any harder than it already is, dealing with One all the time." 

The french woman laughed slightly at the younger girl's attempt at a joke. The Hitman beside her excitedly just exclaimed ideas for disguises, frustrating the leader to no end, prompting the two men to argue. 

" Choose your disguises wisely."

"I'm a grown man. I can handle my own shit."

"I think that's not how that expression goes. Don't handle your shit, flush it down the toilet. Like a grown ass man. Be subtle, blend in. Disappear."

 While the bickering continued on, the hacker had gone to the backroom retrieving a box filled with disguises. She plopped the box of wigs on the table, then another filled with prosthetic features neatly packaged individually. The men finally stopped talking, Three picking at the wig and then taking it out, placing it sloppily on his head. 

" Knock yourself out guys."