CHAPTER 9: Six and the Sea

The cars that chased each other entered an empty underground complex. Black cars came swarming in on the green one, bullets raining everywhere. Zero and Two shot back from the backseat. The French woman pulled at the trigger only to find out that there were no more bullets, leaving Zero to fend for herself. Two, played with the empty gun, complaining to One in French, to which the leader only shrugged. 

Six complained about how in his words 'Shit was gonna go crazy!', The doctor completely offended screaming that she was conducting surgery under the circumstances. All the complaining made One and Zero roll their eyes, Five even complaining directly to their leader in Spanish. From all the twists and turns they finally lost the cars, some bullets fired from somewhere, cracking the windshield fogging it up, the car swerved and skidded as the driver can't see. One smartly pushed the broken glass off, only for the car to skid sideways. 

Two breathed heavily as she avoided the metal that pierced through the car. The stench of blood immediately hitting their noses as Six sat bloody on the driver's seat, his hands falling limply from the wheel. One mumbled quietly to himself as he placed one hand on the younger man's shoulder. Zero could hear the airy 'okay' that came out of her leader's mouth. 

Each of them got out of the car, still breathing heavily. The truck then came around carrying Four and Three who quickly got out guns at the ready for a threat. One and Five helped Twi climb into the empty truck as Four looked onto the ruined car, wondering why six had yet to come out. Zero's small hand reached up to his shoulder, squeezing it lightly causing him to look at the girl. He searched her eyes for answer, twitching slightly to the graze on her arm that was still bleeding. She could only shake her head as Four found the body still impaled in the car. 

~~~

The ghost huddled on One's yacht, Six in the middle lying inside the body bag. Three sat opening a bottle of tequila, pouring a shot for every one. Four who sat beside Zero got up to zip the body bag shut. Everyone looked on as the blonde did so, Two looking emotionless as she stood the farthest away, she mocked Three who let out a tiny sniffle as he fired back the alcohol. " Are you crying?" "We didn't even know his name." "We don't know any names." Five said butting in on the Spy and Hitman's exchange. Three only shook his head and looked up to One and Zero, "What was his name?"  Expecting an answer from the first two ghost, One only got up and shook his head. " It doesn't matter now. He was a good man." 

They stared at each other as their leader situated himself near the corpse. The blood sloshed around as the boat rocked. Five's eyes went back to the boy inside the bag and mindlessly spoke. " Do we know if he has family?" Zero just frowned deeper at the question. Being the first one that One found she knew about the man's aversion to family. So she could only imagine how annoyed he would be from hearing Two reply " I think you're looking at it. All of us." everyone gave small smiles except for One and Zero. One being annoyed and Zero completely aware that he was. 

" We're not a family. Not the cleavers."  One huffed as he stood by Six's feet. 

"What?"  Three then said, confused from the reference.

" Cleavers. You know? Ward, June. Leave it to beaver. Jerry Mathers, Tony Dow. Barbara Billingsley, Hugh Beaumont? No? Nobody watches Nick at Nite?" 

"The French don't watch shit like that." 

" Millenials. French People..."

" I'm actually Gen Z." Zero quipped, earning an eye roll from one and a giggle from everyone else. " Okay, killer baby. Just grab the head."  All of them went ahead to help carry Six . Four who was carrying most of his upper body looked slightly dazed as he did so. " So what does this mean?" 

" It means we find a Seven." 

~~~

The sun began to set, the bright colors shined and made the water look beautiful. The ghosts went to rest in the boat, all of them except for Zero who chose to remain on the deck, cold air nipping at her skin. She looked at the water where they had dumped Six's body earlier that day. Sadness clutched onto her, something she didn't allow herself to, but then and there, As she sat looking at the water that had swallowed her comrade a few hours ago, she felt the weight of his death in the air, his bloody body replaying in her head again and again as the sound of the wind and the waves calmed her. 

Her trance was then broken as she felt a blanket be placed on her shoulders, warmth following shortly after. She looked back to see Four smiling down at her, his big hands still squeezing her shoulders great warmth emitting from them. The blonde then plopped down next to her, leaving some space in between them. 

" what are you doing here alone? It's cold." 

" I don't know. Just thinking I guess. Plus I really don't want to hear Two and One arguing again."

Four nodded understanding what she meant. The sky turned dark, the moon and the stars sparkling brightly, illuminating both their faces. The Skywalker then looked at the girl beside him, her knees pushed to her chest, chin resting on top of them. He chuckled lightly, she looked beautiful under the moonlight, her nose scrunched up and red from the cold that hit them. 

" Real subtle Billy. The space in between us means nothing if you keep ogling me like that."  She laughed making that remark, her gaze still on the waters. 

" Sorry, you just look so beautiful right now." 

" If One finds out about this, he's gonna kill us both." 

" What's so wrong about that? Aren't we already dead? " 

She let out a laugh at that. Right they were already dead to the world. She looked at the handsome man that sat beside her. Their green orbs met and she felt so safe. 

" Is it bad that I really want to kiss you right now?" 

" I don't know, I really want that too."