CHAPTER 16: Zip lines

The french woman inside the elevator was annoyed at the man who acted like a  child, her eyes were stuck in a permanent eye roll as the man continued with his film and show references. His frisky comments made the woman, face him in annoyance. Her hand flying to his mask that had one missing seal. 

"We got a problem, Three got hit with nitrous and he's stupider than usual."  The drugged man was now rolling on the floor, laughing at nothing. The comms were filled with the Hitman's laughs. Four who was dangling on the side of the top of the building rolled his eyes, as One talked to him specifically. He stuck Zero's devices on the glass, making sure that each one wouldn't fall, his signal reached One, the leader then going on to press on his phone.

The droning sound caught the attention of the people inside. As the glass shattered from the vibrations, Seven getting the opportunity to rain bullets on the seven men inside. The other ghosts in the elevator hopped out  and shot at the men they encountered. Blood splattered everywhere with Two and Seven on the trigger. Four was at his post, his own gun at the ready as he jumped down from the roof. The sight of him had surprised Murat, crawling backwards towards the headboard of his bed. The cold hand of the blonde man grasped the back of Murat's shirt, the other hand holding a gun to his body. 

The once pristine and elegant suite was now a war zone. The floor had bleeding bodies, walls had bullet holes in them. Murat was pushed by the sky walker through the halls, encountering a few men that were shot down immediately. The masked ghosts were arguing once again as the man found himself on the floor, not on his own accord as Seven's bullet stuck out on top of his mask. Two who was already annoyed, harshly pushed up her own mask as she let out an exasperated sigh. "I am so mad at everyone right now?" " What's new? I like you mad." "Wrong intel, too many men." 

A frantic Five cut off the conversation between One and Two. "What the hell are you guys doing? You got Five minutes. Zero on the other looked intently on her screen, seeing that the elevator was coming up,hinting that more men were coming up. " Uhm, guys more guys coming in." 

"Oh God, there we're only supposed to be seven guys working tonight. Zero, get your ass up over here." Zero rolled her eyes, shoving the tablet in her backpack. Her legs pumping the same direction that One took earlier that night. Getting up to the top roof in no time. She peeked inside seeing the face off between the ghosts and Rovach's men. She crouched down undetected, laying on her stomach as her gun rested in her arms beginning to shoot at the men. Four pushed Murat on the stairs, behind Zero and two. The two men on the bottom of the stairwell, shooting at the men that had cornered them. 

" Half of China's in the lobby. We're out of time. What are you guys doing?" 

"We're stuck at the stairwell. Their surrounding us."

" Only way out is up!" 

The youngest ghost was the first to take action, her gun plowing out bullets at the men up the stairs. Two kept her own gun aimed, one of her arms pushing Murat forwards. The sniper in his nest watched the chaos, knowing that they were trapped like rats. "Guys, I got  bad idea. A really bad idea." He began shooting at the pool once more, cracking it more than it already was. "Ya'll might want to grab a hold of something." The ghosts looked at each other, eyes wild as they scrambled to do so, just as the water washed them out, pushing the bad guys to the side of the building, plummeting to their death. Zero clutched on the railing her breath heavy, Two and Three hanging on the chandelier, Four was nowhere to be seen, separated from the team. 

"You drowned everybody. Drowned the entire fucking team."

Three complained profusely as he pulled Murat to him. Him, Two, Zero and the target stood by the zip line completely oblivious that one of them was left behind.  The hit man strapped Murat, the apprehension evident on his face as Three tried to push him. Three who got annoyed tried to knock him out much to One's dismay. Zero on the other hand, looked around and finally realized Four wasn't with them, One noticing the terror in her eyes, took one of her arms pulling her towards the zip line, strapping her in despite her protests. " We need to go back for him." "He'll meet us there Zero!" She was then picked up and pushed to the other building, One following after her. 

Upon landing, One let out a yell of frustration as he saw Three once again pummeling Murat to the ground. "Hey!" The two women only looked at their leader, letting out sighs. One hurriedly stopped Three from killing the man on the ground. "Jesus, do you have rabies?" "No, do you?" "What the fuck is wrong with you? Get off of him." One then bent down to help the man, guiding them to the meeting point, Zero ran as fast as she could, her knees as she heard One speak to the comms, " Four, let's go. We're moving." 

"Just go, I can't get across. They've cut the Zip line." The reply made One stop at a corner, glancing to see that Zero had done the same, her eyes meeting his. "I'm sorry." "It's just bad luck." One felt guilty at Four's hopeless voice, the feeling intensifying as he saw Zero's green eyes hardening, trying her best to conceal the sadness, knowing that One was ready to leave him. "Bad luck..." 

The stares between the first two ghosts were cut by the girl, her eyes shifting between the emotions she felt. Her heart already grieving for Four. Knowing One, she had already lost him.