CHAPTER 17: Good aims and good shots

Murat frantically followed One into the lift, his eyes wild as he scanned each of the ghost. He didn't dare look at the ones who adorned suits, their guns to their chests, he definitely had no plans in looking at the one in white, the man who had beat him up. He looked at the man who saved him from the rabid Hit man, a look of guilt and despair on his face, then he looked at the smallest one. A girl in black her hair away from her face made it easy for him to see the emotions she was desperately trying to hide.

He faced the man who was clearly their leader, from fright he carelessly spoke into his ear. "What made your president change his mind?" 

"This wasn't him. That guy couldn't even spell Turgistan."  The leader spoke with the same goofy tone he always had his eyes never leaving the girl sulking in the corner. 

"This better not be what I'm thinking it is."

"What is that?" 

" A coup. Exchanging me for my brother." 

Murat once again looked at his captors, his eyes landing to where the leader stared at. The girl had now pulled out a tablet that had almost looked too big in her hands, but her fingers had expertly handled it, every swipe exactly where it was supposed to be. Her heart was beating fast as she watched the dot move fast across her screen. The only one that wasn't nearly as close with any of the others. She knew she shouldn't be doing this. It would be torture at this point, once that dot stops, death would be the only plausible theory. 

The lift had finally stopped, the ghosts alert and ready to shoot at any threat. They were met by a pacing Five and a silent Seven sitting on the front seat of a very underwhelming car, a detail that did not slip the comments of One.

"Oh, don't look at me, Three blew the budget on the Ferrari." 

They all grumbled as they climbed in, stuffing Murat in the seat farthest in the back, Zero sitting beside him. Chaos ensued with the drive, Three on the wheel complained profusely as the ghosts screamed at him. There was no shortage of screaming between them, most specially when they got halted at a check point. Murat saw the opportunity and tried to launch himself, and start screaming but was stopped by a gentle hand of the green-eyed girl. His own dark orbs met her emerald ones that were full of despair, some tears begging to slide down to her cheeks, but were held back like his voice. He sat back down, in favor to the girl who looked like she needed to cry her heart out. 

Despite the silence they so happened to keep, the cops grew suspicious making them run the other way as they followed only for an explosion to go off from above obliterating the cop cars. The comms made a static sound and a voice made everyone stiffen. " I made it across. South west side. Where are you guys?" Zero's composure broke at his words, a tear finally slipping from her eyes, a sob fighting to slip from her lips. Murat couldn't help but feel pity for the girl, reaching into his jacket to retrieve a handkerchief, placing it on the girls knee. Her only reply being a small smile before she used it to wipe her cheek. 

She felt numb all over, her beating heart was the only sensation she could pin point. They were gonna leave him to die, and her only thought was if only she could have at least said good bye. She couldn't bring herself to do it through the comms fro every one of the ghosts to hear. 

"Stop the car!" Seven's firm voice reached all of their ears, a sliver of hope fluttering into Zero's heart. Finally someone dared to stand up to One's orders. She looked over the seats, to see that the soldier had his own phone out, the screen showing a compass. Her mind processing to how he had taken note of Four's whereabouts. With the tiny piece of hope she took out her tablet, swiping away furiously, trying to find Billy. 

She was taken aback as she heard guns cock, looking up she saw One and Seven's guns aimed at a shaking Three's head. "He cocked it first!" Seven's triumph then brought them there, in the middle of an abandoned street, the ghosts spread out trying to look for their comrade. Seven who was still looking up felt a slight tug on his shirt, as he glanced down he saw Zero pointing to her screen, seeing the dot that must only had been Four, he took out his rifle setting it up, looking through the scope. 

His years of being a soldier and a sniper at that had never taken away how hard his heart would hammer against his rib cage before he took a shot. Through the lens he saw as Four was being beat down to the ground by a much larger man whose intentions of killing the blonde man was etched into his face. He didn't have a clear shot and started to panic, if he waited any longer, the large man would crack Four's skull open.

Once he saw an opening, he breathed in his finger on the trigger, but before he could pull on it a gaping hole had been pierced into the man's skull. Straight on his forehead, as if a red target mark was drawn, a bullseye hit. His body froze for a moment before it plummeted to the ground. The sniper took his eye off the scope confused, then he saw the youngest ghost not so far away from him, her own eye still on the scope, her hands slightly shaking as she loosened her hold on the gun. 

" Nice shot Zero..." Two shakily complimented the girl, still surprised from what had happened. 

Her gun already on the floor before she could utter her own words. "I'll go get him."