CHAPTER 8: Sight-seeing

Zero took out her phone once again, looking for possible routes to lose the bad guys. The bullets hitting the car distracted her from the task as she whipped out her own gun firing back, ignoring the chatter inside the car.

" One! we're fucked!" "Fucking calm down Zero! I know we are! One for Four... We need you...Ugh, Specificity."  The three men argued over the comms until Zero shut all of them up with a swipe on her phone. " He's at the top of the Duomo. Get a move on Four, we need you" She heard the Skywalker mumble something from the other side of the comms as they began swerving through the streets once again. 

" Where are you guys going?! Wrong way! Come back I got an idea." 

As she heard what Four said she swiped on her phone again and gave Six directions. "Pit maneuver, this corner Six!" They turned the corner, the black SUV following them. From above she heard a clang of metal and their tail stopped the huge metal rods impaling the car and the people in it.  

From the front seat, One twisted the lid of the compartment and took out the eye, holding it up by the nerve. Six looked to him and gagged at the bloody sight, " Who knew the optic nerve would be so long. I'm surprised that his asshole didn't come with it." One tried to diffuse the tension as he joked. He then proceeded to hover the eye in attempts to unlock the lawyer's phone, only to fail with the violent swerves the car made. "This isn't gonna work pull over." Another swerve caused One to drop the eye flying towards Six, dropping to his feet, making One's eyes widen and Six scream out flicking his feet up as to not touch the slimy ball. 

" Don't you squish it you motherfucker! You squish it the mission's over!" He reached over a squirming Six who continued to scream, his attention no longer on the road. Wailing sirens started to sound in the distance as the car pulled over on a hidden alleyway. Six breathed heavily from losing all those car's, he tried hard not to see the eye that was still clutched in One's hand, dripping slightly of blood. " Whose eye is that?" "It's the lawyer's." "Did you just scoop it out or--" " God no! I didn't scoop it out. Two did." 

Zero didn't bother looking anymore as she adjusted the guns at her feet, Five who was beside her, worked profusely on the bleeding woman who was also clearly in pain as she banged on the door with frustration. One on the other hand had finally been able to get the eye steady enough for the phone to be able to scan it. " All of Rovach's transmissions, gonna lead us straight to the four generals." 

The murmur of the sirens began to get louder and nearer until a cop car ended up behind them. Five who was the first one to notice, ducked and silently said 'cop', just loud enough for them to hear, all of them except for One ducking behind their seats. He kept steady, urging Six not to move. An encouraging sound came out of the phone and the car jolted forward immediately, Six trying to get as far as possible from the cops that now followed them. " You gotta lose that police chopper."  Four said frantically to the comms as they heard the propellers from above.  He stood on top of a church looking at the green car. One started to scream into the comms at Three who was in a truck somewhere, then he turned to Six saying something about losing the chopper. 

Bad guys began shooting at them once again, prompting Zero to shoot back. Two tried to do so as well, but Five only screamed at her for moving around too much. Taking out the guys who shot at them, she noticed the small graze on her arm, blood started to drip as she let out a small groan, making One look back at her. She just shook her head and continued shooting at the people who followed them.   

One and Six began arguing again as more cars sped to follow them, their car turned and hit a lot of easels, the painter's only getting away quick enough not to be dragged with them. When they reached the road again they found themselves in a dead-end the only choice being that they face them. The car swerved around as the cars lined in front of them creating a barricade, men already started coming out guns at the ready. Two and Zero picked up the big guns lying at their feet and fired away, hitting every single one. None of them left standing after. 

" I'm glad you guys are on the team."

" Yeah me too." Two answered just as she groaned, stealing a look from the younger girl across her. She laughed slightly at the French woman's remark. They sped past everything again as Six made his plan. He broke into a glass door entering a museum. The statues stood proudly on pedestals, far too beautiful to witness the chaos they brought in. They then proceeded to disturb a hall, break half of the chairs sprawled around and split a marble statue of Apollo and Daphne into a million pieces. One held onto his seat as he screamed at the driver who only smiled at his work. " Do you see any choppers? I don't see any choppers." 

Losing the choppers meant they could get out of the museum, to One's delight. " Two black Suburbans coming your way."  Three's voice seemed frantic as he informed them, a gun loading in the background, Four looked ahead assessing the situation as he held the newly loaded gun in his lap. " Six, fake'em out I got an Idea." The driver obeyed the Skywalker and paused for a while, just as they were about to catch up to them, an explosion sounded, halting the vehicles their occupants dead from the blast. Unfortunately for the ghost, that was only the tip of the ice berg as more cars approached. Zero could only sigh as she loaded her gun once more. 

" Well, this is one heck of a way to see Italy."