CHAPTER 19: The Previews

Five sat in front of the many monitors, as Zero slept like the dead on the couch her head in Four's lap. The young girl felt like crap after she pulled an all nighter, infiltrating the power source. The blonde man sat quietly, stroking her black hair, listening to Five struggle with instructing One and Seven. 

"All right guys, you're clear to the gate. Everything's looking good. They're in. Cheeks on seats." 

Zero stirred lightly, making four adjust in his seat, making sure he was in no way disturbing her. He placed his palm on her cheek, stroking it with his thumb. Her eyes fluttered open, surprising him, but ending in him giving her a loving smile. The pair were snapped out of their trance as they heard Five's frustrated voice getting louder and louder as she grew more frustrated. 

"Cup. Compliment his wife." 

Zero who was still intoxicated by her slumber, groggily shook her head, Four watching her intently. "I guess One's being an idiot again." She whispered to him, turning around to lean her back to him, as they watched the doctor wrestle with the papers sprawled on the table. "How do you keep in track with everything Zero? Fuck!" She looked for more papers before she spoke to the comms again. 

"Noor is dead, Say he's dead." Zero felt alarmed at her frantic state. She got up and walked behind the woman. Seeing that what she had just said was wrong, pointing it out to her. Making her curse. "Wrong guy, he's alive. Fuck! Just recover. Recover." Zero went on to put an earpiece so she could listen in more. Five breathed out a sigh of relief as she saw the younger girl sit beside her. Both of their eyes widening as they heard what One had just said as a'recovery'.

" Yeah. he was found with a belt...tied around his neck in an unfortunate masturbating accident. Ferocious masturbating accident. very sad." 

The two women had very different reactions, given that Zero was on the floor laughing hysterically which triggered more frustration in the doctor. "One! Shut the fuck up!" 

Zero was just recovering from her fit of laughter when she heard a monitor ping. The screen showed the uploading tab, something that made her smile. From seeing the expression on Zero's face made Five sigh and lean into her chair. 

"We're in! We're! Time to party." 

~~~

On the eve before the day of the dead, One and Zero sat looking out on the capital city of Turgistan from the desert. The lights from afar illuminating their hardened faces, their breaths uneven, nervous for what they were to do in a few hours. Yet again Zero held a small case in her hands. A weapon they were going to use. Silence engulfed them as she handed it to her leader, not needing to explain how and what it was for. One faced his youngest ghost. His face void of emotions before he displayed a smile. 

"You ready for this?"

"Heck yeah!" 

~~~

Two and Three were separated from the pack, holding their positions. Two was in a gorgeous dress, enjoying some champagne on the arm of one of Rovach's associates. Her green eyes scanned her surroundings, any exit points that could help them later on, she gazed upon the statues from earlier, a knowing smirk gazed her lips as she joined the man in laughing at one of his own jokes. 

Three, wore his signature badass fashion, black jacket and pants. Guns at the ready to top it off. He was to stay guard and keep an eye on the movement on the palace. The other ghosts stayed put, gazing on the city, where One and Zero stood the night before. Their scarves and shoals protected them from the heat as they looked to their leader who had his eyes in the binoculars. A monologue from him was inevitably going to happen anyway so they stood there waiting for it. 

" The route to Rovach's yacht will take about an hour. We need every second... You know. none of us will be remembered. what's about to happen will. Little things, they add up to big things. Let's go change the world."   

A sense of pride had surged between them, and was cut off by the youngest one. Zero laughed lightly at her leader earning a surprised stare from all of them except for One who had looked at her with such venom.

"Are you going soft on us One?" A harder glare came her way making her laugh harder. 

"Shut up Zero. You fucking hard ass. Just get on with it." 

Her laughter didn't die down as she took out a phone from inside her jacket and handed it to One. He looked at her for confirmation before he tapped on it a couple times, a whirring buzz emitting from the device. The static fro the comms alerted every one of the ghost, Murat's voice came wafting in singling One. 

"One I'm freaking the fuck out. I can't do this, I can't go live..."

Zero who looked at her own screen, laughed slightly as he saw the flustered face of the man, his voice shaking slightly. "Uhmmm... Murat, You're on." She watched as her words registered in the man's head. He straightened up and spoke. His face hardened and Zero smirked. 

"My brothers, and uh, sisters, I'm here to teach. It is time for a revolution. For so many years, our people have suffered under my brother. Free yourself. Rise up. Set us free. it is time for a revolution. 

The heart warming message was then followed by a song, much to One's surprise. He turned around and gave Zero a look "Don't look at me, I wasn't the one who chose it."  Four's hand rose up "You're welcome. It's a good song." "this...no."  "It's perfect." "That, is subjective." 

One looked at his youngest ghost once more before he fiddled with the phone. "You sure this is gonna work?" "Bombs away sir." 

Welcome to the day of the dead Rovach.