CHAPTER 14: Hello Hong Kong

The success with the four generals, and Zero's immediate work, allowed the team to get on the plane and fly to Hong Kong as quick as possible. A map was sprawled on the table as One explained to Seven their route of invisibility. The soldier looking at how their leader thought out and pointed  on the map expertly. A short packing session of clothes and weapons led them to walking towards the plane. One walking ahead of everyone else. 

Seven walked beside five as he shouted to the leader walking faster, widening the distance between him and the rest of them with every step he took. " Hey one! You got any plans to call me Six?"  Zero shaking her head answering him, knowing that One won't bother. "Nope, not one. You're stuck as Seven my dude." 

" I  know, we're not supposed to ask. But, uh, who is One?" 

"A rich guy who snapped? That's all I got."

" Yeah, but how did you meet him?"

"We didn't. They met us. In really weird ways." All their heads whipping to the youngest girl as she had been there to meet all of them, their eyes looking like they were all asking the same questions. 

" Guys, don't give me that look. It was way scarier when he was alone you know, way creepier. Be thankful that I was there with him when we got you."

Each of them smiling, knowing how true her words were. Without her they would have probably never joined the insufferable millionaire and his out of character philanthropy. Four especially, looking back at the girl he had grown to adore, remembering the fear he felt the day he was found. He still knew the feeling of the dread evaporating once he set his eyes on hers. 

~~~

One and Seven left the other five ghosts to pilot the plane, their voices occasionally ringing in the intercom to tell them that things were going to be a little bumpy, making Three fidget in his seat. " You know I usually look at the stewardess to see if I should be scared." Two rolled her eyes at the man in front of her, Five's head resting on her lap. " Flight attendant. You can look at me." The comment had brought a knowing smirk on Zero's face as she busied herself on her tablet. " Oh, darling. You could be on fire and you'd still have that blank creepy expression on your face. No offense. You know guys what sucks? If we were to crash, no one would know or care. We would have no impact on anything like we never existed." Before Zero could even retort a ding sounded and One's voice followed. "Uh, If you're gonna shit your pants, there's a bathroom in the back."

~~~

The group of mercenaries ended up in a restaurant, secluded enough, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city. They sat around a table eating, exotic fruits in front of them. Three picked up a fruit cracking it open, offering the flesh to Two who sat in front of him, making Zero, Four, Five and Seven give them looks. The soldier who sat at the end of the table was the first to speak up. " So, how long has this been going on?" Five went next a smirk on her face. "Yeah I've been wondering the same thing. Florence?" "Nah, Vegas. Definitely Vegas." Three's face was enough to tell something, grief-stricken as Two maintained a stone face. The continued teasing from the two eventually made the Hitman crack much to the annoyance of the two women who actually knew of the affair. 

Zero only leaned back, her head resting on the shy boy that had sat next to her on their table, a detail that completely escaped the ghost as they sat down. Their conversation drawled out as Four looked at her tired form, amused at how the boy she leaned at looked like he was gonna explode at the pretty girl who had her head on his shoulder.

" So, you guys know about us?" 

"Well, we do now, dumbass." Seven laughed from beside him, playfully poking at his side. 

" Well, I guess it's not against the rules right?" Two defended, biting into the fruit, avoiding the giant seed in the center, as one spoke up from beside her.

" Depends, are you fucking? or making love?" 

"What's the difference?"

"We're fucking."

"Well then good, so Zero? Who's this honey badger?"

The ghost conversing finally looked at the other end of the table seeing the boy, red faced as Zero lazily lifted her head from him, eyes opening slightly to reveal her green orbs. She smiled brightly at the boy and began speaking, her hand going around his chubby shoulders. " I didn't get your name cutie."

"I'm Raymond."

"Hey Raymond, you knew to the team." It was One who had replied.

"Just hanging out."

"It's Britney Bitch!" A slight laugh rung out across the table as Five referenced Raymond's shirt.

" So we should probably go discuss our sensitive geopolitical issues when we're, you know, Raymond-free. Nice security guys, especially you." Their leader sarcastically said, pointing an accusing wet chopstick at Two who was already walking out. 

The rest of them, finished their meals. Seven, Five and Three kept on conversing while Four quietly stared at Zero who was still half asleep. One and Two were long gone. He noticed that she was too tired to even eat, so he pushed the chocolate bar into her direction, her head shooting up. Not one of the other ghosts seemed to notice the interaction, their eyes meeting longer than it should have in the presence of others. 

Her nimble fingers had ripped the plastic off and took a bite, mainly to appease Four's worried look. He softened as he saw her, smile at him, her head still lolling to one side, her eyes fluttering closed as she chewed. " Hey guys, I better take Zero back before she dozes off again." The three older ghosts just nodded their heads as they saw Zero, clearly dozing f again. The blonde went around to help the girl up, putting an arm around her waist to support her weight. HE could have carried her, but it would just seem to suspicious. 

The ghost that remained at the table watched their retreating backs all wondering the same thing, only Seven was the only who spoke up. "Any of you ever wonder that they're fucking too?" Five then shook her head. "I'm pretty sure those two don't fuck. They make love."