CHAPTER 7: The Pirate Lawyer

Lilah-now-aptly called-Zero's heels clacked on the marble floor with her every step. She followed One inside the extravagant home, Two following suit behind her. A gun was holstered inside her jacket, just in case something went south. The older woman caught up with her as they reached the office. The lawyer was sat behind the giant desk looking rattled from their interruption. 

She and Two situated themselves near the windows, glancing around for any threats while One  sat down in front of the Lawyer and began asking about the target. She whipped out a phone, trying to secure the perimeter, but the screen kept on glitching, she had already told One but the man had only shrugged it off earlier that day. She got frustrated and shoved the thing back in her pocket, now listening to the men's conversation. 

" Fuck... Off." 

" Uhhh, No. I'm trying to help you here. Anything but a simple 'Yes' would really suck for your face. Look, your client is a half-wit, fuckstain war-criminal. Why are you protecting him?"

"My client has never ordered any gas attacks."

" No, he ordered the four generals that work for him to order the gas attacks. Just get him on the phone, and let's fucking get nuts. What do you say?"

" Client privilege."

" Ohhhh, your gonna be a pirate."

One's singsong voice made Zero let out a chuckle, she looked to the blonde woman beside her as she played with a knife. Two then proceeded to stalk towards the lawyer, plopping herself down on his lap. The knife once again making an appearance as she glided it along the man's face. Zero looked away before Two could plunge it in his eye socket, the squirting sound and One's gagging sounds filled the room. Some of the blood had even gotten as far as she stood, droplets on her clothes and face. 

" Zero, I'm gonna need that compartment now." She took out the container and threw it to Two who shoved the bloody eyeball into it. Just as the French woman closed the lid, she keeled over as a bullet buried itself in her abdomen. "Fuck!" Zero exclaimed as she raised her own gun, bullets began raining in on them. "One, we need to bolt! Two Just got fucking shot." "Yeah, thanks for the update captain obvious! Let's go!" 

The three ghosts ran down to the front door, already seeing  the bright green car through the glass doors. Five who was in the back seat panicked as she saw Two bleeding through her shirt. She could hear One's voice slightly muffled, urging the two women to get in the car. Two got in first looking like she could care less that she was losing so much blood. 

When Zero got in she squished the doctor to the middle, her equipment sprawled on the floor. " the fucking plan didn't work." She muttered lowly, while one of her hands blocked the gaping hole from gushing out more blood. Zero on the other hand didn't bother speaking quietly, " Yeah it didn't. I told you that there was something wrong, but you didn't listen to me!", One shrugged off the girl once again as he fidgeted with the compartment in his hands. The driver beside him looking like he was about to puke from the scent of blood.

They whizzed past the streets of Florence trying to lose the cars that were following them, their car not faring well from the bullets that hit it continuously. Zero tried to catch her breath from the earlier events, all she could hear were her heart beat and two's groans of pain. She was snapped out of her trance as she heard the French woman arguing with One.

" I thought you said you were covering the door."

"I was covering the door. You were shot through a window!"

" Ugh, such an amateur show!"

" Oh, an amateur show?!"

"Yeah!"

" God that looks so bad! You're definitely gonna die! Five, do something!"

" What the fuck do you think I'm doing, asshole? What lawyer even has that many guards."

" I don't know, a lawyer with friends in high places? Mafia? The point is we got this that's all that matters."

 Six, obviously looked uncomfortable in his seat. The smell of blood making him very uneasy. He looked around to his comrades, not really wanting to catch sight of the women in the back who had a bullet wound and another literally sticking metal rods in said bullet wound. Two cars caught up to them, causing him to go faster. He looked beside him and noticed a blood-stained One. " What's that?" he gestured to the small compartment in his hands. Zero was the one to answer, " Oh, you don't even wanna know Six.", " Why are you guys even covered in blood!",  His fear was heightened as he heard their leader gag a little bit. " Head, neck and face are very vascular, so it's a lot of blood." "Oh God, please don't tell me you killed a Mafia guy in Italy!"

Zero could only roll her eyes at the exchange, She felt like she was gonna be sick from the constant twist and turns they did. The chaos that ensued didn't help them lose the people that were following them. The black cars trailed the green one, as if Six couldn't find a more sleek car. As they entered a narrow way, she looked back to notice a man on a  motorcycle following them. One may have seen the same thing as he made a comment about the gun that was just whipped out. He started to shoot at them causing everyone in the car to complain and scream at each other all except for Zero who already had her gun aimed. It only took her one bullet to the head to stop the guy.

" Thank you Zero. Is she gonna be okay?" His sarcastic thank you earned him the bird, the youngest woman rolling her eyes at him for the millionth time that day. " How is she?" "SHe lost a shit ton of blood."  Just as she said that a stream of blood pumped out of the wound, and onto Five's face and Zero's pants. The men began making gagging noises again.

" Yeah, that's not a shit ton."