CHAPTER 15: Snatch and Grab

Zero wanted to be nearer the warmth that supported her limp body. She wasn't able to catch any sleep last night as she was arguing with One. The leader was firm in telling the youngest ghost that she was only gonna be a reserve in the extraction. She fumed at the memory but she was too tired at the moment to do anything about it, only wanting to cuddle Four, not even caring if any of the other ghost can see. 

Four had a firm grip on the girl, not enough to her hurt but just enough to keep her up as she completely passed out in his arm. She needed some sleep, they had a long night ahead of them. With a gentle arm, he laid the young woman on the air mattress they had placed in the abandoned warehouse. He pulled blanket covering her form, and let out a laugh as she curled herself like a fetus at it touched her skin. "Stubborn girl"

Well aware of why she was so knackered, he only shook his head, deep down he felt content at One's decision only making a reserve, he couldn't imagine her getting hurt out there. He knew she could handle herself, but something in him just couldn't fathom the possibilities. Maybe One was right. Attachments are dangerous, his hammering heart was proof of it. The mere thought of her hurt had set it off, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

~~~

" Hong Kong, penthouse extraction. We're gonna break out Rovach's baby brother from his 90th floor prison. It's a simple snatch and grab, minus the word simple, cause it's not. And minus the word snatch-"

"Snatch?"

"Snatch."

"Snatch."

"Snatch what?"

"Minus the word snatch and grab, because they mean the same thing."

"Snatch?"

"Snatch, stop saying that."

Bantering between Two and One were cut off by the steps of Zero's boots. She was heaving to everyone's confusion, pulling on a case. Once she was at the table she pulled it up, opening it revealing the masks inside. Five immediately grabbed the pink one, the younger girl knew she was going to claim. "Designed to keep the Nitrous and Bullets  out of your skulls." 

Zero proceeded to push a button on the remote, a hologram of the hotel and its perimeter sat in the table. "Nothing's gonna be simple about this mission. The next building over, we use the sky cranes. One is gonna be a sniper's nest for Seven, one as a crossover. Building to building. One already threatened the living daylights on the operators, to scare Rovach's men."

"We have fifteen minutes before HK police arrive." 

~~~

 The cold and gloom of the night matched the dread in the pit of Zero's stomach. She stood with One and Four at the bottom of one of the sky cranes, all wearing  matching black clothes, guns holstered around their bodies. The blonde man sitting down, rubbing chalk on his hands, patting himself down preparing for his perilous walk. One looked down at him " You afraid?"

"Nope."

"Good luck."

"Saying good luck is bad luck."

"I take it back."

"Taking it back is even worse luck."

" go, go,go."

Before he climbed up he stole a glance from the silent girl who stood behind their leader, her green eyes locking with his, nodding.

" Good luck."

" You want me to die?" 

One looked back at Zero "You stay here Zero. Don't be stubborn, you know the drill. Those guns don't get cocked unless I tell you to." Rolling her eyes, she felt One squeeze her shoulders before he went on his own route. Leaving the girl to watch his back as he did. 

~~~

Five sat in the lobby, placing the mask on her face. She twisted in her seat looking around t the people that bustled to help the guests. A few streets away a Ferrari came swerving with Three's reckless driving. The two on the crane playfully bantered with each other just as they caught sight of the target. Zero went on to stop the crane from moving, listening intently to what they were saying, keeping her eye on their tracking dots. 

The sniper signaled Four landing on the floor. Two and Three about to enter the building, knocking the valet out. The doctor who was already inside pulled the pin, releasing the laughing gas, every single person who saw this attempting to run, only to be pushed to the floor from the effects of inhaling it. The laughing gas's innocent title harshly forced the people into fits of laughter making it easy for the ghosts to access the finger print access elevators. 

As the laughing gas subsided leaving the people still high on it, Five rushed to see one of the employees run to a room, pressing quickly on the phone on the wall. The Latina frantically spoke to the comms alerting the rest of the group. "Cops, were called. We have thirteen minutes." 

From that zero looked at the cop cars that were headed to the hotel's direction. Four who was still on the roof was in serious trouble as four men went on to check on the commotion. This pushed Four to submerge himself in the pool, an action that unnerved the sniper as he watched the men, no plans of going back inside. 

Zero's heart sped up as she realized how long Four had been in the water, drowning was a clear possibility at this point. " One, he's gonna drown. I got four guys up top. You want me to drop them?"  She prayed to the gods for One to say yes, his refusal making the dread inside her grow bigger. " Seven! Do something."  She didn't even recognize her voice then, the concern in it startled the ghosts that heard, One shaking his head from where he was. Her breath quicken as she watched Four's dot floating still on the pool. 

" Four, move right. Incoming round." The whoosh of the bullet was heard from the comms. Seven's smug voice sounded, Four taking a deep breath from the gaping hole the bullet made. " You're welcome, you can call me Mr. Seven from now on."