Chapter Eighteen ~ Arianna

Arianna's POV~

"Hey, Leather." I greeted through the phone as Ash and I walked through the doors of the ice cream shop named Shivers which was a few blocks from campus. Ashton turned around and looked at my phone before shaking his head and going toward the ordering counter.

"What are you up to?" She inquired, sounding a bit distant.

"At an ice cream shop, you?" I responded, watching Ash point to the brownie and cookie dough ice cream I had told him I wanted before we got here.

"Out with Mikey. Listen, we need to meet up. Are you free tomorrow?" She asked. Her and Mikey made up? Good! They needed to make up. Wait, why did she want to meet up tomorrow?

"Yeah, sure. What's wrong?" I asked, trying not to let too much concern seep into my voice.

"I got kissed last night at the party by someone in a Batman costume and I just found out that it wasn't Bryson along with me ending up punching Bryson, but that is a different story. Anyway, I need to know if you know who else was dressed as Batman so I can figure out who kissed me." She ranted. My eyes quickly flickered to Ashton before looking back out the shops windows.

"Whoah, okay. I'll call you tomorrow and we can plan where to meet up because I definitely want to know everything."

"Great! See you tomorrow!" She cheered

"Okay! See you then!" I said back equally as happy before ending the call. I placed my phone back in to my pocket and gave Ashton a glare as he walked toward me with our ice creams.

"Oh no, what have I done wrong now?" He questioned cautiously as he handed me my cup.

"I don't know Ashton, why don't you tell me? Kiss any black angels lately?" I raised my eyebrow, taking a scoop of my ice cream and placing it in my mouth. Ash winced and looked down. "Oh my god! Ashton! Fletcher! Irwin!" I shouted, hitting his shoulder each time I said a part of his name for emphasis.

"OW! Arianna stop!" He backed up.

"You better start explaining right now or so help me I will not hesitate to call Leather and tell her I figured out Batman's sercret identity!" I threatened.

"You really think she'll care about Bruce Wayne?" He giggled.

"ASHTON!" I growled. He shot me a dismayed look before sitting down on a bench located just outside of the ice cream shop. I took a seat next to him, continuing to eat my ice cream as I waited for him to start talking.

"I... she was just THERE, Ari. She fell to the ground and she needed help up so I helped her. Then she just assumed I was Bryson, which was stupid in the first place because I saw about ten other guys at that party dressed like Batman, and she started yelling and the only way I've ever known to get her to stop doing that is to kiss her. It was like second nature to me. I just... did it. Then she goes off on me because apparently Bryson tried taking advantage of her that night I came to your apartment! I should kick his ass for that. Why does every guy have to treat her like shit? She doesn't deserve that." Ash finished, shaking his head.

"You didn't treat her like shit." I pointed out, finishing off my ice cream.

"Yeah well, apparently that didn't count for much in the long run." He sighed. I pouted and poked his cheek.

"Cheer up Charlie. If I know you and Leather this will all be worked out soon and you'll be living happily ever after and riding off into the sunset in a vintage car. Just remember to thank me for putting up with your dumb asses at your wedding." I grinned.

"Thanks Ari." He giggled and so did I. God, I hoped him and Leather worked things out. My phone started to ring again and I grumbled as I tried to retrieve it. Seriously, who was calling me now? Oh...

"Hey babe." I greeted cheerfully.

"Hey baby girl, what are you up to?" Trent asked. I glanced at Ashton, about to tell Trent where I was but thought better of it.

"Just finished up my rescheduled class. Are you all done with practice?"

"Yeah. You know, I was thinking we should have one of our date nights tonight. We haven't had one of those in a while." He suggested.

"That sounds great babe. I'll be at the apartment in about twenty minutes."

"No, don't bother. You don't need to be dressed up or anything. I'll just pick you up wherever you are. Are you still on campus?" I glanced back at Ashton again.

"No, I'm actually at Shivers. You know, the ice cream place?"

"Oh. Okay. Well, stay there. I'll be there in a couple minutes." He stated.

"Sounds lovely babe." I responded and then we said our 'I Love Yous' before ending the call.

"Let me guess, that dick feels guilty about hurting you so now he's trying to make it up to you?" Ash asked, standing up off the bench and giving me a dissapointed look.

"Please, just let it go. He's gonna be on his way and I think you should probably leave before he gets here."

"Why? Will he get mad if I'm here? Will he hurt you again?" He questioned with a dissaproving look.

"Ash, please. Just go. If anything happens I'll call you. Just make sure to answer this time." I sent my own pointed look in his direction.

"Fine." He said with a resigned sigh, before pulling me in to a hug and kissing my forehead. "Stay safe." He gave me one final look, as if checking to make sure I didn't have brusies anywhere else so he could cross-reference the next time he saw me. He nodded and headed in the direction of the campus. The opposite direction Trent would be coming from. Smart boy. A few minutes later Trent's truck pulled up and he honked the horn.

"Hey baby." He greeted, pulling me across the seat once I was in the cab of the truck and planting a kiss on my lips.

"Hey." I smiled back at him. He placed his arm around me as he put the truck back in gear and continued to drive. I held my hands in my lap, glancing down at my wrist and then looking up at Trent's face. There was a moment when he caught me looking at my wrist and I thought he was going to make a mean remark but instead he took her arm off of me. He gently grabbed my hand and brought my wrist up to his mouth where he pressed a kiss to it.

"You should probably cover that up or wear longer sleeves." He said calmly, placing his arm back around my shoulder after releasing my hand. I nodded my head and looked straight forward.This was not how I wanted to spend my night.