Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"So Maddie," I began while taking out my pfaltzgraft plates that my mother had bought me for my apartment out of the bag I used to bring them to the boys house, "what exactly are your intentions with our Calum?" I raised my eyebrow as a blush came over her face.

"Kitten, don't scare her like that! You're supposed to be welcoming!" Luke called from the livingroom. I placed the plates on the table and turned to look at him.

"I do what I want." I stuck my tongue out.

"It's definitely not because you're punk rock." Michael snorted. I flipped him off and turned back to Maddie.

"I like him a lot. He seems really sweet and genuine and he makes me smile." She was still blushing as she folded the napkins and placed silverware on them.

"Aw, that's precious!" I cooed. She looked up at me surprised and I grinned. After everything was said and done, and we had had our dinner the group of us were sitting around watching a football game when Calum brought up the fact that he had no understanding of the game. "I can fix that." I sat up and then began explaining the rules of football before he interrupted me.

"I'm more of a hands-on learner." Calum explained as he made awkward hand motions to which Maddie scooted away from him an inch or two.

"Then how about we play?" Leather suggested as she sat up from her spot on the floor.

"YES!" I screamed excitedly and clapped my hands in excitement. She leaned over Luke and we exchanged a high-five.

"What would the teams be?" Ashton asked as he pushed Leather to lean to the side so everyone could see him from his spot on the floor.

"Girls against boys?" Leather suggested and looked around the room for approval or disapproval. That sounded like a perfect idea to me.

"Don't you think that would be a little unfair?" Michael chuckled with a cocky grin. Krissy gave Michael a dirty look before getting up from the couch and under his arm to stand in the entry way of the living room.

"Girls against boys; losers clean up the table and wash the dishes." She ended her proposal with her arms crossed in front of her and a raised eyebrow directed at Mikey. Mikey's eyes went wide and Leather laughed before jumping up from the floor.

"We will use Ashton's bandanas as flags!" She yelled before running away to what I could only assume was Ashton's bedroom to get all of his many bandanas.

"Now boys," I began as I stood up from the floor and made my way toward outside, "football is usually a tackle sport, but I think flag football would be better for you. Getting tackled by a girl can really bruise a guy's ego." I smirked at them and Mikey rolled his eyes.

"I still think girls against guys is a bad idea. You guys are going to be so sad when you have to clean up everything." Mikey stated with a grin.

"Just remember Mike, if you break my plates I have to break your face." I ruffled his hair and he lightly pushed me back. A moment later, Leather ran outside with a collection of Ashton's bandanas.

"So, you guys atleast understand the basic rules of football, right?" Maddie questioned as she snatched one of Ashton's green bandanas and loosely put it around her belt loop so it could be tugged off if one of the guys grabbed it.

"Not a clue." Luke grinned. I shook my head at him and he winked.

"Alright losers, here's how the game works. Over there and over there," i pointed to the opposite sides of the yard, "are going to be our end zones. If your team is facing one way, that's the end zone you want to carry the ball to. A touchdown is worth six points and the kick after is worth a point but because we're playing without goalposts I think it would be easier to just say running the ball is seven."