Chapter Fifteen ~ Leather

~Leather's POV~

"Why are you here, Ash...ton?" I asked as Ashton set me down on the couch in the studio.

"What happened to your ankle?" He asked as he sat down in a chair at the soundboard.

"I asked you first." I raised an eyebrow as I took off my shoes.

"Well, I was passing by and I saw the light on, then I saw your car in the parking lot and thought I would come see if you were okay since I thought you were supposed to be at that Halloween party."

I scoffed and fell back into the couch. "Yeah, well, I was, but it didn't exactly go as planned."

"What happened?" Ashton asked.

"You don't really want to know. After all, you hate me."

He stared at me in silence for a few moments before answering, "I don't hate you, Leather."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Yeah, that's why you cancel sessions with me and barely talk to me until now."

"If I hated you, why did I answer your call in the middle of the night and sing you to sleep, upon your request." His voice began raising and my eyes widened in shock. We actually talked on the phone last night.

"What exactly did we talk about last night?" I asked cautiously as Ashton got up and began pacing the room. Man, I hate when he does that.

"You called me crying that Bryson tried kissing you while you were both drunk of your asses and that he made fun of you when you said how romantic and movie-like first kisses have to be." I took a breath of relief. Thank God I didn't tell him about the almost...you know. "Then, you told me how sorry you were for what you did to me and kept calling yourself a crumby person and I told you to get into pajamas and then you asked me to sing to you and I did and that's about it. So, tell me again how I don't care about you."

By this time, he had ran his hands through his hair and pulled about five times and kicked the air a couple of times. My mouth opened in shock. I cant believe he sang to me and listened to my drunken speeches.

"Ashton, I," I began, but was cut off by another rant from Ashton.

"So, what happened at the party?" Ashton asked as he sat back down in the chair at the soundboard. "How did you hurt your ankle?"

"I was dancing and tripped."

"Clumsy as always." He chuckled and leaned back in the chair. I scrunched up my nose and eyebrows as I just stared at him. How can he just go from all angry to concerned. "You okay?"

"What was that? You were yelling at me and then asking if I'm okay. I don't understand. What are you really doing here?"

Ashton took a deep breath and deeply sighed. "The truth?" I nodded my head and he sighed again before continuing. "I came to see if you were okay after the other night with Bryson. You looked pretty wasted and when I saw him up in your room, I was really worried because I don't trust the guy and,"

"Wait, what?!" I screamed, interrupting Ashton. "You saw him up in my room? How did you see that? Were you...are you the person outside my apartment at night?" Ashton looked at the ground and my mouth dropped before I stood up and walked over to him, hitting him upside the head. "What in God's name is wrong with you?!"

"Ow! Jesus, I just check up on you! I care about you, which is more than I can say for how you feel about me." He spat back and walked passed me.

"You do not get to turn this on me when you're the one creeping outside my fire escape!"

"Well I'm not the one that broke up with the person who loved them more than anything over a crackly video chat!"

"There it is! The four ton elephant in the room! I am sorry, Ashton, I just couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't happy."

"You weren't happy?" His eyes got glossy and he just stared at me. "Why didn't you talk to me?"

I looked at the ground and shrugged. "There was nothing to talk about."

Ashton walked over and took my head in his hands, forcing me to look him in the eyes. "Do you still love me?" He asked as his eyes searched mine. I stared at him, staying silent. I don't know how to tell him the truth. "I guess I have my answer." He whispered as he headed toward the door. "I'll be at our next session. Let's just get this album over with."

Once Ashton was gone, I dropped into the chair and started bawling. Damn it, Leather. Why can't you get the guy and keep him? Why couldn't you tell Ashton the truth?! Tell him that you were scared! Tell him that you still love him!

I let out a scream before going into the recording room and picking up a guitar. I started strumming while mumbling to myself about being stupid and maybe being able to tell him how I really feel if I was drunk. Wait...

"No, I'm not a liar

Just didn't know how to tell you the truth

All we need is time

We don't know why we do what we do

But we do

On a night like this

Just don't know what I'm trying to prove

No we can't predict

The reasons why we do what we do

But we do what we do

When you fall in love

You can't help it when you act like a fool

When you look above

You see the reasons why we do what we do

Ain't got a shot glass in my fist

To spill it away on my business

Telling these strangers about you

I'm getting too, I'm getting too, I'm getting too

Personal, getting too personal

I'm getting too personal, personal

Personal with you

Hear me out, hear me out right now, hey

Hear me out, heart me out now, hey

You've been running through my mind all day

Hear me out now, hear me baby"

I silenced the guitar and laughed to myself as I put the guitar down to run my hands through my hair. "Now why can't I tell him that to his face?" I mumbled before stumbling my way to the door and home. It was a long night.

Hi, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!! I encourage all of you to listen to the song Personal by Jessie J which was featured in this chapter. The song is amazing! Also, we recently got amazing feedback and I want to thank all of you so much for continuing to read our story! You are all perfect and amazing and I love you! Keep reading!!! All my love, -Harmony xxx