Chapter Twenty-Four ~ Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"Let's go get some air." Ashton said, leading me out of the room. I followed behind quietly. Making a scene in front of Leather's boss was such a stupid idea. God I hoped he didn't fire her... When I finally looked up at where Ashton had brought us I realized it was Leather's office.

"How could you guys not tell me? How could SHE not tell me? She's supposed to be my best friend Ash!" I growled, pulling on the ends of my hair.

"It just happened last night, Ari. Luke knows because he was there when it happened. I asked you to meet me here because I wanted to tell you and thank you for helping me with getting her back. She would have told you." Ash shook his head. I took a deep breath and let it out with a sigh.

"Alright, alright. I get it. I'm so happy you guys are back together again!!" I cheered with a smile. A matching smile appeared on Ashton's face.

"SO, what did you want to tell me? What was your news?" He asked excitedly. Suddenly the pain in my side felt unbearable. Oh no. I winced and hoped it wasn't noticeable.

"Um, it wasn't anything important." I shrugged. The smile disappeared from Ash's face and his expression turned cold.

"It happened again, didn't it?" his voice was like ice. I flinched away from it.

"No, Ash," I started but the glare he was sending my way was enough to kill.

"Arianna, don't lie to me." He said angrily and I had an immediate flashback to the night before, Trent centimeters from my face calling me a liar and a lot of other harsh things I never thought would come out of his mouth. Afterwards he had been so sweet and loving but I couldn't get the pain out of my head. Tears sprung to my eyes and I cowered back from him.

"Don't." I said, my voice barely above a whisper. The glare Ashton had pinned me with vanished. He placed his hands gently on my shoulders and I bit my lip, trying to stop the tears from continuing.

"Ari, what did he do to you?" His voice was gentle and for some reason that just caused me to want to cry even more than before. Instead of trying to explain all of the events of last night, I just stepped away from him and lifted the end of my tanktop up to reveal the bruise below my left ribs. I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"You told me you were happy." I heard a choked voice say. My eyes shot up. That definitely was NOT Ashton. My eyes locked on Luke's and I immediately pulled my tanktop back into its proper position. It didn't make a difference. He had already seen it. The look on his face was so hard to place. He looked angry, more angry than I had ever seen him and it terrified me. He also looked so sad that my heart broke just looking at him. It rivaled the look on his face when I told him I was ending things.

"L-luke." I got out, though it was more like a gasp than actually saying his name. Luke's face became more angry.

"I'm going to kill him." Luke stated, already turning and heading for Leather's office door. NO! I ran forward and grabbed on to his arm.

"No! No no no! Please, don't." I pulled him closer to me. The anger in his eyes didn't fade away.

"I'm going to tell Leather and Cal and Mike and all of us are going to beat the shit out of him." He snarled.

"No! Babe, please! Lukey I... I need you please don't leave me." I sobbed, attaching myself to his side. I felt him take a shakey breath. I know it wasn't fair to do that. It wasn't fair to call him Lukey and tell him I needed him when he wasn't mine to need but he couldn't tell Leather. He just couldn't. She'd hate me. She'd actually attempt to kill Trent. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and pressed a kiss to the top of my hair. The part where my brunette roots were showing. The little part of me that was the girl that used to be his.