Chapter Eight ~ Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"Hey baby." I smiled, opening the door for Trent. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips before walking inside to join me. "How was your practice?" I inquired as he took off his jacket to hang it behind the front door.

"Exhausting. I'm just happy to be here." He smiled at me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling my closer to him.

"You're cute." I giggled, moving to run my hands through his hair. "Ew... and sweaty." I stuck my tongue out, scrunching up my nose as I pushed him off. He chuckled, keeping my in his arms.

"That's what happens when you practice for five hours straight in the LA sun." He smirked.

"Aw, all that dedication must make you so tired." I pouted up at him.

"Absolutely." He pressed his forehead against mine.

"Too tired to do what we planned for tonight?" I quirked my eyebrow up. He made a little snickering noise.

"I'm never too tired for that." Trent smirked.

"How about you go take a shower and then we eat dinner and spend the rest of the night with Billy Currington singing Must Be Doing Something Right on repeat for hours?" I suggested, starting to slowly sway back and forth.

"Hmmm.... Maybe we could just skip the shower and dinner and...." He moved to press his lips back against mine when the doorbell for my apartment rang out. "I swear if that's girl scouts selling cookies again I'm going to throw their thin mints at them."

"Aw relax, whoever it is I'll just open the door, see what they want, and then it'll be right back to you and I." I smiled brightly. He released me from his grasp and I went to answer the door. Upon opening it I was greeted with the sight of fluffy hair and bright hazel eyes. "Ashton, what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry, did I come at a bad time?" He raised his eyebrow, glancing past me to Trent. I wasn't sure what facial expression my boyfriend was wearing but I knew it wasn't a nice one.

"Ofcourse not. Something wrong?" I pulled him into the apartment by his arm and shut the door behind him.

"No, well, I don't know.... I wanted to see if I could take you up on that offer to talk?" He sheepishly scratched at the back of his neck.

"Absolutely." I looked back at Trent who looked anything but happy. Ugh. Ash and I went to sit down on the couch, my boyfriend following close behind with a sour look on his face. Ash shot him a look but Trent planted himself firmly on the arm of the couch. With a sigh I turned to look at my boyfriend. "Trent, why don't you go take your shower so Ash and I have some time to talk alone?"

"What would you two need to talk about alone?" Trent asked, arms crossed over his chest.

"It's really none of your business okay? Just go take a shower." I spat out, probably a bit more harsh than I should have. He rolled his eyes at me before walking away in the direction of my bathroom. I didn't try to speak to Ashton until I heard the sound of the water being turned on and Trent whistling to himself like he usually did. "What's the matter Ash?"

"I'm such a screw up, Ari." Ashton stated, placing his head in one of his hands.

"Aw Ashton that's completely untrue." I shook my head. His shoulders sagged down and he leaned his weight on to one of his knees. He closed his eyes like he was trying to fight back tears which was a horrible sight. I sat infront of him, trying to take a hold of his hand that wasn't covering his face. "It's not your fault."

"I should have tried harder. I should have made her see that us being apart was the worst decision. Instead, now she has the Bryson guy Mikey was telling me about and..." I sighed, cutting him off.