Chapter Twelve ~ Arianna

~Arianna's POV~

"I can't wait to see your pretty face tomorrow." Trent said through the phone. I swung my legs back and forth where they dangled off my kitchen counter I was sitting on.

"Yeah, you too." I replied a bit unenthusiastically.

"Arianna, what's with you? You're being so fucking spacey." Trent responded, sounding kind of harsh but I'm positive he didn't mean it. It still hurt my feeling anyway.

"Sorry, just tired. I think I'm gonna head to bed."

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow babe." With that the phone call ended and I sighed. I definitely was not tired. No way I was going to get to sleep any time soon. I placed my phone down on the counter, hopping down and heading to my bedroom. Once there I got under my bed and took out my blue shoebox, placing it on top of my bed before sitting next to it crosslegged.

Gently, I lifted the lid as to not ruffle any of the papers inside. I moved the paper still residing in its sealed envelope aside, the one I had gotten last April and never opened. I then picked up the first crinkled sheet on the stack. I don't even know how many times I had read these little notes and letters, all the words he had written.

Ari,

Good morning kitten! I'm sorry I can't be there with you this morning when you wake up! You know how much I love to see your dopey sleepy face! Yes, sweetie, that was a compliment I promise, get that insulted look off your face! See, now you're smiling! I wish I could see your smile right now..... When you wake up you should text me a picture of it! I love you to infinity and beyond! Have a wonderful day!

All of my love,
Lukey

I put the note down and wiped the tears in my eyes. I should swallow my pride.... I should break up with Trent.... But Trent loves me.... And I love him.... I don't know anymore. Before I could sort my thoughts out any more my apartment doorbell rang. As fast as I could I put the letters back in their place and shoved the box back into its hiding place. I looked myself over in the mirror and cringed. I was wearing his shirt. Luke's shirt. An oversized flannel that looked like a dress on me. I doubt he even realized it was missing. I stole it from the back of his closet back in Australia. Whatever. Whoever was at the door wouldn't recognize it.

"Hell.....Ashton?" I greeted as I opened my apartment door.

"Hey Ari I... is that Luke's shirt?" He replied. We both stood there for a moment in the doorway not talking before I moved to the side and he walked in.

"No, it's mine," that wasn't technically a lie, I had owned it for almost a year, "Why are you here Ash?"

"Okay, you know how I said I wouldn't do that thing where I walked by Leather's apartment at night?" He began.

"Oh, Ashton you didn't!" I scolded.

"I did, but listen okay, I saw her outside her apartment and she was with that Bryson kid. They were drunk, well she was drunk. I don't really know about him. Anyway, she was with him and she was stumbling so I stuck around to make sure she got up in her apartment okay since her bedroom curtains were open anyway and....don't give me that look.... And she made it there just fine but Bryson was still with her and he was moving towards her to take off her jacket and I couldn't watch so I kind of ran here." He rambled, finally finding himself a seat on my couch. I held in my giggle at his little ramble.

"First of all, stop being a creep. Second, I'm sure nothing happened." I smiled at him. His phone started playing Change The World by Eric Clapton. His eyes went wide and he answered the phone frantically, accidentally hitting the speaker button.