𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

We race up the stairs, catching up to Kurapika and Leorio. They looked like they were talking about something special. I'm about to tell Gon and Killua to let Leorio and Kurapika enjoy whatever type of moment they are experiencing, but Gon speaks before I can say anything. 

"See you at the goal, Kurapika!" 

The mentioned boy smiles, and Gon smiles back. 

"Catch you later, old timer!" Killua remarks. 

"Bye!" I shout and start to race ahead. But then Leorio screams:

"I'm not old! I'm a teenager, just like you guys!" 

Huh. What. I - what? I look around in surprise, and I can see that everyone is in shock. Leorio, a boy around our age? No. Impossible. Leorio is not a teenager. 

"Huh," Killua manages out. 

Leorio just grunts angrily at us, a vein sticking out of his head. He raises a closed fist up and shakes it, as if threatening us. But because it's him, it seems like a toddler threatening us. Not very threatening. 

"Uh . . . bye." I dart away, Killua and Gon trailing behind me. 

"You know," Killua remarks as we all start running horizontally and in a straight line, "I'm impressed that you guys can keep up with me." 

"Really?" Gon blushes.

"Or it's that everyone's slow" I butt in. 

"Mannn . . ." Killua starts complaining about how boring the Hunter Exam is going to be. 

"Wait . . . Killua, why do you even want to be a Hunter?" Gon is genuinely confused. He looks over at the white-haired boy. 

Killua explains and Gon blows up. "You thought it would be FUN?" Gon is in literal awe. Killua smiles proudly. I snicker. Killua, still smiling, elbows me in the stomach. 

"Ouch. That was the most passive-aggressive smile I've ever received. Plus, real gentlemen don't hit girls, love."

"It's a good thing I'm not a gentleman, then. And really? Love?"

"Yeah. If you're gonna give me a cringy nickname, you'll receive one in return. Wait, is love cringy?" 

I don't get a response and, in response, I turn my head pettily. The air quiets for some time, before I run a hand through my imaginary beard. "Guys, I'm Netero."

"Who's that?" 

I answer Gon, "He's the chairman. And my grandpa. Not really. The point is, we're really close to him, so I call him Grandpa Netero. And truth be told, he's really old. Lemme emphasise old."