[ e p i l o g u e ]

I stared up at the ceiling, tears streaming down my face. I had the compass clutched against my chest. I hadn't slept in days.

"It's your fault." A voice said from the doorway.

"Go away." I whispered, tightening my grip on the compass. "It's not my fault if it's what I meant to do."

"But you regret it."

"I know." I said, finally turning to face him. As always, the smiley face mask was there, taunting me.

"You betrayed everyone. You betrayed me." He continued, walking closer to me.

"Get out of my head." I said through gritted teeth.

"Or what?" Dream retorted.

"Get out of my head!" I screamed. I reached out to push him but as usual, my hands only went through his body, as if he were a ghost. Also knocking a flower pot over in the process. Then he faded away, leaving me standing in the doorway, breathing heavily.

My head snapped up as there was a knock on the door. I quickly wiped the tears off my face and walked to the door, opening it to see Schlatt. He had come out of hiding when he heard about everything, turns out he didn't lose his last life that day. He offered to help me lead. I accepted, and here we are.

"Heard you yelling. Another bad one?" He asked. Despite our past, ruling together brought us closer then I could imagine and he became somewhat of a father figure to me.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Come on in."

He walked in and I sat at the table, my head in my hands.

"Don't worry about this, I'll clean it up." He muttered, starting to clean the mess from the knocked over pot.

"Thanks." I mumbled, not looking up. After about a minute of heavy silence he sat across from me.

"You need to let it go, Sage." He said, resting his hand over mine.

"I know." I sighed. "I just hate that I had to hurt them. But I know it's for the best."

"I know. It sucks, it really does." He said. "But we'll get through this together. Get some rest, you need it." He said, giving my hand a squeeze before letting go. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I rubbed my temples as he walked out. I should try and sleep, as hard as it would be.

I stared at everyone as they gathered around the stage, looking miserable as they had the past few weeks. Even Dream and Technoblade looked defeated. They had no armor, no weapons. Nobody did.

"This all started with L'Manburg." I said. "And how did L'Manburg start?" I questioned, looking at everyone with an expecting face, although they weren't actually meant to answer the question.

"It started with drug dealers." I said with a chuckle. "All of it started with Wilbur and Tommy wanting to brew drugs. And y'know what? Fuck it. Deal drugs for all I care. If that's really what will make you happy, do it. There ya go, just like L'Manburg." I said.

"L'Manburg was more then that." Tommy spoke up. I gave him a look of surprise, even Tommy had never talked back. "It was our home."

I scoffed. "Home. That word is just... so over dramatized. I can make myself a little dirt shack and call it home. You have a home, and it's here. Now, if we are finished with our comments and concerns for the day, you all are dismissed." I said, stepping away from the microphone.

Everyone started walking off. I stared at them longingly just wishing that I could have my friends back. Wishing that I could have Dream back.

"I miss them as well." Wilbur said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "But we're too deep into this shit. As much as I hate to say it, we've lost them."

I nodded in agreement. "I know. And I hate myself for it."

I snapped out of my staring trance.

"I'll talk to you later, Wil." I mumbled before hastily walking off the stage. I walked around the land, which had been named the Sage SMP since the day of the festival. I saw Dream working alone, rebuilding his house since everything was exploded.

"You seriously still wear that thing?" Dream scoffed, staring at the compass which was hanging around my neck on a gold chain.

"Well, so do you." I said, staring right back at his compass which hung around his neck on an almost identical chain. He looked down at the compass, an almost embarrassed expression crossing his face before he tucked it under his shirt.

"Touché." He muttered as he went back to building.

I'm sorry, Dream. I'm so incredibly sorry.

a/n- and that's a wrap :)

i was thinking of making a sequel but idrk how everyone would even think of forgiving sage lollll

if anyone does have an idea for a sequel, sm or comment bc i'll definitely be thinking about it :)