[ s e q u e l - f i f t e e n ]

I looked down as I flew upwards, checking to make sure everyone was getting off safely. My face fell as I saw Schlatt running out of the prison, his expression glowering. Almost everyone had gotten off the ground except Dream, his fireworks wouldn't go off. I quickly dipped back down and landed, wrapping my arm around Dream. I threw a firework to boost us up, but not before Schlatt grabbed hold of my ankle.

"Sage, the fireworks!" Dream yelled. I grabbed one and threw it at Schlatt, causing him to let go as we shot up. We moved a bit slower since it was two people on one elytra, but we managed to make it over the wall where everyone had already landed. I stared up at the wall for a moment before turning to the others.

"We did it." I laughed. "We actually did it."

Everyone started cheering and hugging eachother, happy and free for the first time in a long time. Dream hugged me tightly and spun me around, we were all completely lost in joy.

"So... what do we do now?" Sam said as the cheering died down.

"We should probably get far away from here. We don't want to take any chances." I said. "But we're gonna enjoy it. All of it." I smiled. "We're free now, we can make new nations, alliances. We can have peace." I said. "And Tommy, I believe I have something that belongs to you."

I placed an ender chest and reached inside, feeling the thin plastic of the discs. I grabbed them and held them out for Tommy to take. He looked at them for a second, his eyes wide. Before he took them, smiling uncontrollably.

"I thought you burned them?" Dream said in disbelief. I shook my head.

"The discs rightfully belong to Tommy. He collected them." I said, hoping that Dream wouldn't go on another disc rampage.

"You're right. I'm sorry, Tommy. And everyone else, about what I did. I know it was stupid." He said, his expression regretful. Everyone looked surprised for a moment.

"Its alright, Dream. It's in the past." Tommy said a s he put his discs in the ender chest. "Right now let's focus on getting out of here and starting fresh."

"Why don't we go to Technos old base? It's far away, and Schlatt doesn't even know it exists!" Ranboo said. "If that's alright with you, Techno?"

"I have been thinking it's time to retire... and I mean for real this time." Techno quipped.

We all followed Techno who knew the exact spot of his old base. On the the way there I caught up with Eret.

"Hey, what was that thing you had to grab earlier?" I asked.

"Oh, here. It's actually something that belonged to you." He reached into his inventory and pulled out a crown. My crown.

"Y-you still have it?" I asked in disbelief, taking the crown from his hands. "Is this even real?"

"Yup, it's real." He chuckled as I put it into my inventory for safe keeping, still in shock.

"I can't believe you kept it." I chuckled. The were so many memories behind that crown. So many memories, good and bad.

It didn't take long for us to reach where Technos old base was. The place looked desolate and abandoned, but it would work. Everyone spread out, scanning the land and gathering recourses, since we were all limited to what was in our ender chests besides Techno and Phil, who of course had a shit load of things that were left in their base. Why does it seem that those two are never unprepared?

"So..." I said as I walked next to Dream, the snow leaving traces of white in his blonde hair. He was standing at the edge of the forest, watching as everyone worked. "You okay?" He had been pretty quiet since we arrived. He shrugged.

"Just thinking, I guess."

"About what?"

"I guess I just realized that.. y'know, I've never really had control over this place. And I never will. I spent so much time hurting people, destroying friendships because I wanted power. But I don't need it." He said, his expression calm. He seemed less uptight, more happy.

"Glad to see you've come to terms with it." I said with a small smile.

"Yeah. But there is one thing I do need. Not need per say, but want." He said nervously. I raised an eyebrow.

"I swear to god Dream, if you say the discs-"

"You."

I looked at him for a second, not really registering what he said. Of course I knew that, it was something we had both wanted for a long time. But it just felt different. Because this time there was absolutely nothing stopping us. No wars, no Schlatt, no sides. Before I even realized what I was doing, I kissed him. It felt like the entire world crumbled around me, only focusing on this moment. Me and Dream. He kissed me back almost immediately, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling us closer. After a moment we both pulled away, smiling like idiots.

For once, everything felt like it would be okay.

the end

a/n- i am so so sad to be ending this story :((

this has been by far my favorite story i've ever written, it's been a wild ride! thank you for the endless amounts of support, i love you all so so much <3

there will be a short epilogue, so stay tuned! (it's going to be in a kind of poetry form ;))

and i will be coming out with more stories that are set in the dream smp, i have one in the works right now that i'm really excited about, so follow if you want to see it! also, following does help me communicate with you all better and it's much easier to keep up with what i'm doing with stories, so if you want, leave a follow!

love you all so so so much, can't wait for more adventures <3