[ s e q u e l - f o u r t e e n ]

I was brought to a different cell that was across from the cell the others were held in. They all looked just as miserable as I was. Soon after Schlatt left they all turned to me.

"Sage... do you have a plan?" Tubbo asked quietly. I shook my head.

"There is no plan, Tubbo. It's over." I said. Everyone looked as if they had been stabbed in the gut. "We tried our best."

"But there's only one of him, and well... a lot of us. We can't just give up!" Eret protested.

"All good things must come to an end, right?" I smiled sadly.

dreams pov

I had a plan. A crazy one, sure, but it could work. DreamXD had Creative Mode, he could break us out of here in no time, but Schlatt was watching us like hawks. The only problem would be escaping undetected.

I shifted uncomfortably against the cold ground. We didn't have beds, so we were practically forced to sleep on the floor. I looked across the hallway and saw Sage leaning against the wall of her cell, staring down emotionlessly at the compass in her hands. It was the only thing that was allowed to go into the prison with us. I still had mine, as well. I'm not sure why Schlatt let us keep it.

Sage hadn't spoken a word since she spoke to Tubbo when she first arrived. Even when she was spoken to, or asked a question, she just stayed quiet, staring straight ahead. I had never seen her like this before. Sage was always the one to have a plan, the one to get us out of (and in some cases into) bad situations. But for the first time, she looked absolutely defeated, and it reflected on everyone else.

I moved closer to the bars of our cell and looked at Sage.

"I have a plan, Sage. But we can't pull it off without you." I said. She looked up from the compass for a moment before turning her gaze away again, still not saying a word. "Sage, please. I know you're upset, but we need you." I said desperately. She sighed.

"Tell me about it." She finally said. I sighed with relief that she was maybe willing to do this.

"DreamXD. He can break us out, he has Creative Mode, but we need to make sure Schlatt doesn't see us, or find out. We can't tell the others until its time, it's too risky and their not as good at masking our thoughts from Schlatt as we are." I explained. She nodded in agreement.

"When should we do it?" She asked.

"I can call for him as early as tomorrow, but you have to break all the cameras now while Schlatt's still asleep." I said, looking up at the cameras in every corner of our cells. She followed my gaze up to her cameras and stood up, giving it a strong punch without hesitation. Nothing happened. She punched it again, still nothing.

"It's strong, it won't budge." She said as she repeatedly punched the camera. The corners of her mouth turned up into a smile as the grass cracked. She punched it again and the glass shattered, the red light on the camera blinking out. She did the same to the other ones, wincing as her knuckles started to bleed.

"You okay?" I asked as she finally sat back down, wiping the blood onto her shirt. She nodded.

"Are you gonna sit there or do your cameras?" She asked sarcastically.

"Oh, right." I said. I stood up and gave the cameras a few swift punches, trying my best not to wake the others. I watched in satisfaction as the red light flickered out.

"Alright, now we just wait." I sighed.

"How will you get DreamXD to get here? Is there a way you can communicate with him?" Sage asked.

"He'll just...know." I shrugged. "You'll see."

sages pov

I opened my eyes and sat up. I had finally been able to get some sleep last night, I guess there was some clarity in knowing we could maybe get out today. Most, if not everyone was awake in the cell across, some still rubbing their eyes sleepily. I looked across at Dream who shot me a knowing look, tapping his wrist signaling that we didn't have much time.

We all waited until Schlatt came and gave us our rations, me and Dream heavily avoiding his gaze. As soon as he was long gone I stood up and walked to the bars of my cell. Everyone looked at me as if they were waiting for something.

"Dream, how long?" I asked.

"Soon. Within the next hour." He said. Everyone stared at the two of us, confused.

"How long until what?" Tommy asked.

"You'll see, we can't say yet. Just trust us." I said.

It wasn't long before I recognized the faint noise of blocks breaking. No one else besides me and Dream seemed to notice it. We shot each other a small smile.

"Do you guys hear that?" Sapnap asked, looking at the others. "It sounds like blocks breaking." he said. Everyone else nodded and murmured in agreement, not long before DreamXD poked through the wall. He was a spitting image of Dream, just less bruised and cut up. Everyone stared in shock as he broke through the iron bars and let me out of my cell. I joined everyone in the other cell as they all just stood there, their mouths agape.

"Don't just stand there, lets go!" Dream ushered them into the small tunnel.

"We'll explain later!" I said as I was the last to join the group in the tunnel, placing the obsidian back where it was. We all ran through the tunnel and emerged on the South side of the Sage SMP.

"Alright, where's the nearest ender chest?" I asked. DreamXD placed one and I opened it, retrieving my elytra.

"Okay, we are super crunched on time so if you guys have any valuables that aren't in your ender chest, it's going to have to be left behind. We have to get out of here now. Everyone get armor and tools from your ender chest." I said, passing out fireworks so we could make it over the wall.

"Wait!" Eret said. "I have something super important, it'll only be a minute!" he said as he ran off. I tried to stop him, but they were too far and didn't hear me. He returned only a minute later.

"Okay, everyone ready?" I asked. Everyone nodded and I threw the first firework, boosting myself into the air. We were home free.