What Are We Now

I feel like shit about that last chapter and feel bad for you people that read it. Anyways, here's more :) hopefully I can end this soon. -A/N

*****

You wake up after not even realizing you had fallen asleep.

You move to stand and get breakfast but you feel a tension, something holding you back.

Your mind sends you into a short panic, raising your heart and breathing rate.

A long, slow, exhale runs down the back of your neck and you freeze in action.

Whoops.

You rest yourself again, leaning into Nat, careful not to wake Sleeping Beauty.

You falsify your sleep, running your mind through the events of yesterday / earlier today.

"I love you," is what she had said.

To your face.

This masterpiece of a human assassin had confessed to you.

And you confessed back.

Your heart rate rose again, excited to tell Loki that even after you said you couldn't, you did anyway.

You brushed that aside and focused on the present again, your breathing at the same rate as Nat's, her chest moving forward at the same time as yours.

You swallow, and it took until that struggle to notice you were not properly hydrated.

You carefully lift your hand from the sheets, expanding it in front of you. You pictured in your mind what you wanted to happen, hoping it would work with metal.

A few seconds later, a rope of water trailed into your room, floating directly towards you.

Opening your mouth, you slowly led the rope in, drinking bit by bit and spilling the rest back into the sink.

As you placed your hand back where it was when you woke, Nat's breath shook unsteadily, indicating waking up.

"Babe?" You hear her croak behind you.

"Yeah, I'm here," you say, brushing your thumbs over her bare arms.

"Why are you up?"

"I'm facing the window and don't sleep as deep as you,"

"Judging by the size of your hands, you don't dig very deep as well," she snickered.

It took you a moment to understand, your brain still not fully functional.

"Nat!" You open your eyes and stare at the bright window.

You laugh along with her, your eyes falling closed again.

Calming down, she tightens her arms around you, digging her nose into the crook of your neck, mumbling words into your skin.

"What?" You turn your head towards her, not succeeding with the way you're laying, yet you don't attempt to move more.

"I asked what we are now," she lifted her mouth to your ear, keeping her voice low.

You think for a moment, smirking yourself. You let the physical expression dissolve before you shift yourself, facing her completely.

There was a small amount of fear in her eyes, but mostly covered by the visible lust.

You decided to respond with your best answer, taking a large chance filled with hope.

"We could be together, if you like,"