Falling

You watch as the crack in the earth shrinks as you and Nat fall farther down into the Earth silently. She looks over at you, still holding onto each other. She uses her other arm to cup your face, bringing it inches from hers.

"Goodbye," you watch as a tear falls down her face, but not for long until her lips are against yours, both of your hairs tangling together through the passing winds. Everything seems to move in slow motion. You calm down, allowing everything that's happening to just happen, to allow life to let you go. Your vision begins fading to black. The way you fall, Natasha above you, it feels... right.

You feel a sharp pain on your back and head. You hear and see nothing. Gone.

You open your eyes, still in the crevice of the Earth, in Natashas arms. She sits, cradling your limp body in her arms. She doesn't notice you.

"N-Nat?" Your voice cracks as your throat burns.

"Sum-" she cuts herself off, looking at you, "I thought you were dead,"

"I thought I was dead too, what happened?" You look up at the blue sky, the dry soil, "how long have we been here,"

"I'm not sure, but we need to get up there,"

"There was a thunderstorm and the soil is dry now, it had to have been a day or so at least. How long have you been awake?"

"Um I don't know, but it was dark,"

"So less than 12 hours, ok," you stand, somehow able to. You look up to estimate the depth of the broken planet.

"How high of a climb do you think?" You turn to Natasha.

"Looks like 70 feet from here."

"Let's begin," you say, grabbing onto a sturdy rock, Natasha hanging onto you.

Suddenly, the earth begins to shake again, and the ground under you lifts, flying up, tossing you and Nat to the top.

You land on ground level, Nat beside you."

"What the hell?" You look back down the crevice as the dirt and rock crumbles back down, shattering at the bottom.

"Summer, come here,"

"Yes?" You walk over to her.

"Think something of the earth, bring it,"

You close your eyes, willing growth. Nothing happens. You hold your hands out as though holding a ball, but widen the length a bit. A green ball of fire appears between them, a radius of 3 inches. You get the urge to throw it at the ground, but you stand there, staring at it.

"Now try thinking of what you want to happen,"

You follow her instruction and picture what your interest.

A large rose bush grows rapidly in front of your eyes, blossoming roses in seconds. You pick one, the thorn moving away from your hand as you reach for one. You pick it and hand it to Natasha. She takes it, smiling.

"It's beautiful, just as the person that created it,"

"Uh," your face matches the roses and you look down, interested in dirt suddenly. You smile to yourself, but she notices and and lifts your head with her hand, cradling it in the other.

You look at her, smiling, her eyes sparkling. She leans down, kissing you again. You kiss back intensely, wrapping your arms around her neck. You pull away for breath.

"Oh, um, uh," you back up, looking down.

"Was that ok?" She asks.

"Yes, yes of course, just...."

"What?"

"I've never, uh, kissed before. I mean, besides— whenever *that* was," you swirl your finger around in a circular motion towards the new canyon in the earth.

"Shit, I'm sorry, I-,"

"You didn't know." She looks down at the rose, twirling it between her fingers. "The rose bush was kinda hard, will I really be able to close the earth?"

"You've got this, Summer, it's ok,"

You nod and walk closer to the monster sized death hole. It had to be 15 feet wide and go on for a mile at least.

You kneel down, placing your hands on the warm soil, feeling the emerald threads beneath your hands.

"I have destruction powers, how did I create roses, life?"

"We'll try to figure that out once we get back but we can't exactly do that right now."

"Why hasn't anyone come for us?"

"Probably searching, they said 'open area' indirectly, meaning it didn't matter where we went. Could've gone to Hawaii."

"That would've been fun. Destroying the area there and probably causing a volcanic eruption," you press your hands down, leaving marks in the soft ground.

You feel the ground moving slightly. Out of the corner of your eye, you see Natasha sitting down so she doesn't fall. The ground inches forward slowly, but doesn't go far.

You hear a screeching sound beneath you and decide to look down. You freeze in terror.

"What? What's happening?" Nag crawls over to you, peering down.

It makes its way up the edge of the canvassed dirt, it's bloody claws easily shoving through the rock for climbing. There is blood all over it, mostly dripping from its mouth.

The creature inches closer and closer, you sit there, frozen.

"Go, GO!" Nat pulls you up just as the creature reaches the top. It flings itself over the edge and you and Nat run at top speed, with the beast nit far behind.

Easily the size of a human, shaped like a human pretending to be a dog, it's rib cage was visible under the blood matted fur. It chased you, getting closer every second. It ran on all fours, gaining on both of you.

You stare ahead as you run, hoping to create distractions with the dirt, letting it rise in heaps and let it back down. You allow your feet to create sharp vine under every step, continuously growing.

You feel a sharp pain in your ankle, it being held in place as you fall forward. You look behind you, straight at whatever the beast was. It pulled you back.

"NO!" Nat yelled, grabbing your wrists. You kick at the creature, hoping to shake it off. You grow vines, they wrap around the beasts arms, but they do nothing to help. It gets a tighter grip on your ankles, talons digging into your flesh.

You cry out as you slip from Nat's grip, being pulled into the darkness you previously escaped from.