Never Been Kissed

"Alright guys, let's get down to business! First let's welcome back Noah Puckerman." Mr. Schue announced while Puck walked into the room. "Puck, I hope your time in juvie has taught you a lesson or two about right and wrong?"

"Are you kidding me? I ruled that place. All I did was crack skulls and lift weights all day."

" Oh, what a catch, can't believe I ever let you go." Quinn said sarcastically, causing Haley to snort into a fit of laughter.
"And now, drumroll, Finn! Because I have in my hand our competition for sectionals next month." Mr. Schue announced.
"Okay." Rachel said.
"First, the a'capella group from the all-boys private school in Westerville, the Dalton Academy Warblers."
"Yeah!" Finn cheered.
"Okay, hold up. Like a million awesome gay jokes just popped into my head." Santana interjected, receiving a stern look from Kurt.
"And the other team to beat, the Hipsters. A first-year club from the [?] township continuing education programme. Now, they are a glee club composed entirely of elderly people getting their high school GEDs." Mr. Schue said as he finished reading the list.
"Is that legal?" asked Rachel.
"How are we supposed to compete against a bunch of adorable old people?" asked Mercedes.
"Are you kidding? Brittle bones. Give one of those old ladies a good luck pat on the rear, it'll shatter her pelvis." Puck added.
"Not like you learned morally ethical rights from wrongs." Haley mumbled.
"Moving on. Since this seems to get you guys jazzed about sectionals last year, I wanna make this week our second annual boys versus girls tournament. So! Split up into two groups, and, uh, figure out which songs you're gonna sing." directed Mr. Schue.
"Okay, I have mash-up ideas in my emergency mash-up..." Rachel said.
"Oh please Berry, for once let me or Santana take charge. We actually know some popular hits. Not every song you have to sing has to be Streisand related.." Haley interjected as she and Santana continued to argue with Rachel who would lead.
"Kurt, gonna say it again. Boys team." Mr. Schue sighed as Kurt tried to join the girls group. Haley sent him a sympathetic smile.
"Okay, I say we do a whole AC/DC, that way [?] lead guitar..." Sam suggested to the boys group.
"Yeah." Finn agreed.
----
During the middle of the week after the girls found out they were to do boy numbers and the guys the opposite, and Haley had gotten the girls on board with her ideas, she was satisfied. Well not completely.

As she wandered down the hallway, she overheard Sam and Quinn talking. "I won't get mad at you if you tell me the truth, I'll be relieved." Quinn said.

"Really?" Sam asked as he closed his locker, and began making his way down the hallway. Haley turned away and looked at the wall, pretending to be on her phone, as she listened.

"You said another woman's name while you were kissing me." Quinn accused. This got Haley's attention. "Look, I get it. She's in a position of power over you, which can be exciting and you clearly like women who give you a hard time."

"I'm not cheating on you with my football coach!" he yelled in a whisper as he stopped to look at his girlfriend. "Look. Can we talk about this in private?"

"Why, am I embarrassing you?" Quinn asked.

"It's not what you think."

"What I think is that I'm not putting out for you, so you're getting wherever you can, including the locker room with the Beiste."

Haley shook her head in disbelief at how dramatic Quinn was being. She was clearly humiliating Sam, and making false assumptions. She thought.
"What's this?" Coach Beiste asked, approaching them when she heard her name being mentioned.

"Oh god." Haley mumbled.

"This is a lover's quarrel and it's your fault!" Quinn said accusingly.

"Watch your tone with me missy. You crap on my leg, I'll cut it off." Coach Beiste warned.

Quinn scoffed and walked right past Haley. Haley sighed and waited a few more minutes before leaving her spot she was situated in and walked right into Sam.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry." She said.

"It's alright." he answered, clearly still humiliated.

"Some deja vu, hence we are always running into each other." She tried to lighten the conversation.
She noticed his emotionless expression. "Hey are you alright?" she asked, even though she had heard the whole conversation go down.

"Honestly, I don't know." he replied.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked.

To her surprise, he complied, and brought her to an empty classroom where he told her everything. She sat and listened, as he rambled trying to explain every detail and the reasons why.

After a few seconds of silence, she replied to his rant.

"I'm so sorry Sam. I don't have much to add. Even though Quinn won't put out for you, it isn't appropriate to be saying another woman's name. Now I know you do have your urges, but women in general can be vulnerable. Quinn just needs time. And while you are trying to not pressure her without her consent, you have unintentionally done something very hurtful. More importantly, you put Coach Beiste in an uncomfortable position. Trust me, her reaction won't be pleasant. She will be hurt. I don't want to imagine what this situation will result in if she finds out. I do urge you to apologize before it's too late, and give her a reasonable explanation." Haley finished, before bringing him into a quick hug and leaving the classroom.
---

{START ME UP/LIVING ON A PRAYER
-SUNG BY THE NEW DIRECTIONS GIRLS}

Surprisingly, Haley had convinced Rachel to let her and Mercedes lead their mashup. She was more than happy to sing lead. She had to admit her outfit looked hot, and no she wasn't trying to grab a certain person's attention in particular.

After they were done, everyone clapped.
"Ladies, very, very impressive!" Mr. Schue praised their performance. "What made you guys choose those songs?"

"Well..." Haley began to explain. However, before she could expand on her explanation, Becky ran into the room with a note. "Coach said to give this to you." she said and ran out of the room.

After sighing, he continued. "Terrific job, ladies. Change your outfits and fix the room alright? I'll be back in a few minutes." and with that he left the room.

Quinn walked over to Haley and the two walked out of the room to go change out of their costumes. When they came back, they heard Mr. Schue talking to the boys.

"Well, I genuinely hope you guys are happy. Because Coach Beiste has quit." he said.

"Wait, what?" Finn asked, confused. "That's terrible."

"Yeah, it's not what we want." Sam added, as Haley gave him a pointed look. Knowing that he hadn't apologized.

"That's the opposite of what we want, the football team is actually winning." Artie said.

"Well then you'd better put your heads together and find a way to get her back, fast. Because I am ashamed of you. You really hurt someone who was a great addition to this school." Mr. Schue said.

"I'm sorry. What did we do?" interjected Rachel.

"No, it's us." Finn clarified.

"And Tina." Mike quietly added making eye contact with his girlfriend.

"We sort of...Figured out that picturing Beiste while making out was even better than a cold shower. I mean I don't, ever." Haley gave him a shocked and unimpressed look.

"Oh, wow. I'm sorry." Quinn said as Sam looked at her with an ashamed expression.

"Can I just say that this is what happens when people don't put out. If everyone just put out, we would have a winning football team." Santana added.
"Too fast Santana.. It is more unfortunate that they went to great lengths to control themselves and risked hurting a wonderful addition to the school." Haley added to try to refix Santana's previous comment.

Before any of them could do anything, Principal Figgins appeared. "William! I need to see you adn Noah Puckerman in my office please."

Before leaving, Mr. Schue sent the boys (and Tina) one more stern glare.
----
At the end of the week, they had surprisingly managed to bring Coach Beiste to watch the boys performance. "I don't get it, it's boys against the girls, but what's the winner get?" she asked as she sat with the rest of the girls to watch the boy's mashup performance.

"Well, we were hoping for your forgiveness." Finn started off the apology.

"Yeah. We just want to apologise for hurting your feelings." Sam added.

"Coach Beiste, we think you're awesome. And even though you're all hard and tough on the outside, it doesn't mean you're not the opposite on the inside."

"Like a chocolate turtle." Sam added, causing Haley to giggle quietly.

"Totally. You're nougatti. We totally get that now. You're like a mashup." Finn added.

"Why don't you guys just get to the song?" Mr. Schue suggested, trying to save the boys from public humiliation.

"Totally" nodded Artie. "This mashup is dedicated to you, Coach. Hard and badass on one hand, and soft and girly on the other hand."

"We hope it makes you smile, 'cause when you smile you're pretty and it lights up the room." Puck said. "Seriously."

{STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE/FREE YOUR MIND
-SUNG BY THE NEW DIRECTION BOYS}

"That was really good." Coach Beiste said as the group cheered. "I like it, thank you."

"Come over here!" Artie said as they engulfed her in a hug. "Come on!"
••••
3rd post today. I'm on a writing inspired roll. I've been writing all day guys. I'm not joking. I'll most likely post The Substitute soon, and Furt possibly late tonight (like 11pm PT)