Prom Queen

CHAPTER 20: PROM QUEEN
(SEASON 2: EPISODE 20)

"I've been to Ann Taylor, Loft, Filene's Basement, and, like, six Forever 21's and I cannot find a dress that fits." Lauren said. "I'm gonna be forced to make my own dress for prom."

"Don't you'll seem poor." Brittany commented.

"You're up for Queen, you can't make your own prom dress. Prom is like our Oscars. It's seriously, like, the most important night of our lives." Santana agreed.

"What about getting married?" Asked Lauren.

"Oh, you can get married as many times as you want. You only have one shot at your Junior Prom." Quinn pointed out.

"What are you talking about?" Mercedes asked, as she walked into the room.

"Prom dresses." Lauren answered.

"Thank god, I don't have to worry about that. I'm not going." Mercedes said, crossing her arms as she sat down.

"Why not?" Asked Kurt.

"Cause nobody's asked me." She shrugged.

As soon as she said it, Mr. Schue walked into the classroom and walked over to the whiteboard, writing PROM on the board. He turned and smiled. "Alright guys, -prom." He announced.

"Please tell me we're not doing songs about prom." Sam muttered.

"Nope. We are the prom." Mr. Schue clarified. "Figgins has asked us to perform."

"Let's do Run Joey Run." Rachel said as everyone sent her a look.

"Please I beg you, not that song." Haley said.

"Now, I know this isn't ideal with Nationals coming up, but we really don't have a choice. And, we could really use the money. But I know that prom is a special rite of passage. I want to make sure that all of you guys get a chance to enjoy the dance too. So we're gonna stag at the performances so that each and every one of you has a lot of time to dance with your dates."

"Excuse me." Mercedes sighed, before walking out of the room.

"Is she okay?" Mr. Schue asked.

"Mercedes doesn't have a date for prom." Quinn answered.

"So? I don't have a date. I'm just going to dance. And then all your dates are gonna ignore you and come dance with me, so...Your dates are really my dates." Brittany commented.

"I'm gonna talk to Mercedes." Kurt offered as he got up, but Rachel spoke up. "No, let me." She said, leaving the room.
----
Haley walked up towards Sam who was at his locker, holding an In N Out bag. She tapped him on the shoulder and he turned and looked down at her, smiling.

"Will you go to prom with me?" She asked.

"Hay, you know I can't afford to..." He began, but she kindly interjected.

"Please just listen to my proposition." She said, putting her hand on his arm to stop him from speaking. She continued. "I will pay for both our attire for the evening, I know you still have those Breadstix tickets from duets week, I'll also pay for the corsage too. And then we can go, and have a fun and memorable night. After that, we can go back to my place and we can have a movie night." She smiled, and held the bag up. "So are you In or Out?".  She asked. Laughing  she rolled her eyes playfully. "That was a terrible pun. It was better in theory than when executed." She assured him, still waiting for his answer.

"I love that you always know the answers! You always come up with solutions. I'm definitely in!" He smiled as she stood on her tiptoes to press her lips to his. They both began to snack on the fries and burgers after they pulled away.

"We don't have In N Out in Lima. How did you get it?" He asked as they walked hand in hand down the hallway.

"Oh, that's a secret I'll never tell baby." She winked as he laughed, pressing a kiss to her forehead.
----
"Haley!" Carol called up the stairs. "Sam's here!"

Haley had been so nervous the whole day. When she heard he was here, she took a deep breath before looking in the mirror one last time. She was dressed in a royal blue halter dress with lace detail, she wore a matching necklace, heels and had her hair in a half up half down updo. She picked up the ends of her dress and began to slowly make her way down the stairs. Sam's jaw dropped open at the sight of her, as he met her at the bottom of the steps.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life." He complimented as she blushed.

"You look handsome too. I picked pretty well." She smirked back.

"I got you a corsage with the money you lent me." He said, showing her the box. As he opened it she gasped.

"Oh it's beautiful." She commented.

"I know" He smiled. "Can I put it on?"

"Yes of course." she offered him her wrist as he placed it on.

They took a few pictures before leaving to go to prom.
----
It was Haley's turn to sing on stage and she couldn't be more nervous. Although, she was very excited. She got good luck wishes from Sam, Santana, Quinn, Kurt, Blaine and Brittany as she wandered to the stage and grabbed the microphone, signaling to the band she was ready.

{Gravity (SARA BAREILLES)-SUNG BY HALEY ALDRIN}

Throughout the whole song, she kept her eye contact with Sam, sending him smiles, as he sent her a proud smile back. Santana and Brittany both sent her thumbs up, while Blaine was comforting a crying Kurt who was smiling. Haley knew he got emotional at certain songs.

After she finished the slow music began to play again. Haley found herself slow dancing in Sam's arms as they swayed to the music.

"It's been a pretty perfect night. Huh?" She asked.

"Definitely." He smiled down at her.

"Getting to look at you under these colorful lights made me realize how fortunate I am. "That sounded really corny." she giggled.

"I agree. You're my person Hay." he said kissing her forehead, as she closed her eyes while responding.

"You are my person as well." She replied.

"I wouldn't trade you for anyone else in the world." He whispered, making her smile as she pressed her lips to his.

"Right back at you." She smiled as they continued to enjoy the rest of their evening.
----
There had been a little bit of a catastrophic mixup with the votes for Prom King and Queen. However Kurt bravely made his way to the stage.

"Oh my god, I feel so bad for him.: Tina said.
"Ladies and gentlemen, your 2011 prom queen, Kurt Hummel" Principal Figgins announced.

"Eat your heart out, Kate Middleton." Kurt said into the microphone. The Glee kids cheered after he made his speech.

"And now, behold the tradition of our 2011 prom king and queen here in their first dance."

Both Karofsky and Kurt began to make their way towards the dance floor, however Karofsky ran off when Santana and Mercedes began to sing Dancing Queen, leaving Kurt alone. Blaine stepped up and offered to dance with him, and his face lit up.

The whole school watched as Kurt and Blaine shared their dance as McKinley royalty. Haley felt that the night couldn't get any better. It was perfect in fact. Being surrounded by her boyfriend and her friends was all she needed. She felt very happy and content.
••••
Funeral and New York coming later tonight.
••
Guys we are almost finished Season 2...what the heck?

•thanks for all the comments, and votes, I'm genuinely appreciative.
•I might skip a few of the first few episodes in S3, starting with episode 6... maybe:)