Phantom Shadows on the Floor

Christine darted towards the room with the yellow glowing light and shadow that moved beneath the door

Christine darted towards the room with the yellow glowing light and shadow that moved beneath the door. The song she'd known for so long haunted and bewitched her weary heart. And who none other than the man who she loathed and loved so fiercly stood by the window of candlelight. The room was baren besides a trundle day bed in the far right corner a few feet from the window.

Her pulse drummed in her ears. "Erik," she said, her head spinning.

"Christine", the darkness spoke grufly. His long cloak covered his entire face, shrouding him in mystery. He held onto the fiddle in his left hand and kept the bow in his right. He was surely an angel of music, even if his origins weren't heavenly.

Christine wanted to voice a thousand things all at once: Why did you leave me? Where were you? Where did you go? How could you? Why are you here? And the hardest of all things to admit- I missed you... But nothing could be said in this moment. Not even a tiny whisper would escape her clenched mouth.

He lifted his face suddenly and she could see the intensity flaring up in his somber eyes behind his full golden mask. She swallowed and without one single thought, she ran to him at full velocity, causing the instrument and bow to fall from his hands, crashing to the ground in one violent advance. His arms encompassed her body instantly.

His hands falling and rising around her back like a night tide against the ocean floor. She untied the string of his hood and released the long garment from his shoulders. He was dressed simply in a shirt, vest, and brown trousers.

His mouth collided against her quivering lips and sent her melting into his body. He grasped the nape of her neck with his palm squeezing it with just the right amount of pressure. She bent her head back, letting his hand support it, as he took advantage of the ample plain of her skin, brushing his wet lips across her neck, pecking, sucking gently, and gnawing finally. She moaned loudly, setting him ablaze.

Before he could continue she took hold of his vest and ripped it open sending the buttons flying across the floor in either direction. She unveiled his chest next, quickly separating his shirt while he undid his fastened cuffs.

He was everything she remembered from nights long ago. Unshorn, muscular and tall, perfect in every way which reminded her to take off his mask; he caught her hand though, as it came close to the edge. He wasnt ready to let her unveil him so easily, first, he'd enjoy pulling away the layers of clothes keeping him from her. All of the control he had once tamed became unharnessed as her presence warented emotions he never imagined he'd ever experience as a man.

He sped through the front buttons of her stay as she unfastened it at the bottom, letting her dark blue bodice fall to the floor. Next was her white lace overskirt, ruffled satin skirt, camisole, petticoat, and crinoline.

Finally reaching the last of her undergarments, Erik, slowed the pace at which he helped her undress. His angst for seeing Christine bare once again outweighed his excitement. He wanted to cherish her this time, realizing every part of her in such a thorough way he would never forget a single detail and neither would she. He carefully turned her, sliding his hands down her bare arms, and began pulling the lacing away.